Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Hey girls~

had a busy morning and can't believe that 11am is the first time I got on here. Up at 6, worked out, dr. apt at 8, then another in PS w/ the chiro. Home now to chill, read, and start traffic school. Right now, cause Sus is in the office, I am watching Real Housewives of NJ...omg, what a delish stupid show! I had never seen it, but my friend BA told me about it and now I am hooked!

I am reading a wonderful book (a real book I borrowed) called Like Me, by Chely Wright. She is the country singer who is gay...what a book. I read almost 100 pages last night in a couple of hours!!

Gotta work w/ on traffic school today! Uggg...I am in the mood for a cookie!

have a great day!

xoxoxoxo

Omg, so much drama on real housewives of nj. That one lady is psycho. But we love watching it, lol. The only housewives series I never liked was the atlanta one. That one was so boring...

Pam, what are you doing traffic school for?

Its Wednesday and I'm happy we are closer to the weekend... I honestly have a hard time getting up in the mornings. And I go to bed at a reasonable hour but I just toss and turn so much. We are going out to buy new pillows tonight and see if that helps me.

We're home! That was a long trip for soccer, phew!

Laundry, grocery shopping, and cleaning in my future today.

A dear friend and her boys are coming to visit tomorrow... they live in NC (but ironically were at her folks' house in Northern Va while we were in NC)... we see them about 1-2x/year... so that will be fun. Need to plan a good menu and also bake!

Everyone have a good day!

Hello and good morning!

Work both places today. Should have gone and taken minutes this morning at a special meeting, they never got back with me, so didn't go. I am not being that nice anymore.

Michelle, did you come home to any storm damage?

Judy, hate that today is not a good day!!!!!!! Have you tried drinking out of the mug you got from Laura with the violet song on it? That might help!!!

Love the colors Haydee!!! I also love the name!!! A friend of mines daughter is named that and she is a beautiful girl!!!

Pamela, does it seem strange to read a book the old fashioned way? When you guys put a book on the kindle do you always change the font size?

Laura, I bet you love happy noises coming from the crib! Makes you wonder what he is up to though......

Yeah we taught him "WEEE" on our trip to TN last weekend, all the windy roads when we'd hit the turns we'd go WEEEE, and he'd start doing it. So the WEEE in his crib, I don't know what that is!!

I caught a mouse!!! I had set 2 traps, one in my office and one in the secretary office (the nursery when C is here).. and I never check the one in the 2nd office.. went in to change into gym clothes (BTW I AM GOING TO THE GYM), and saw it wasn't set. I swear, I thought these had a snap trap inside that kills them then boxes them in so you don't have to see it..

So I pick it up and shake it, feels too light to have anything in it. I ponder, and call Russ in. He picks it up and goes, if I open it, he's gonna run at me.. I said nah uh, he's dead, it snaps them killed! He said it's doesn't. Ugh, that's why I picked these traps over the glue traps which make me sad.

So he slowly opens it, and a tail flops out, moving slowly. He's in there dying, who knows how long he's been in there. I hate slow dying traps like that :scared2:

He put it in the trash can in the break room.

I moved my other trap to that room, I can't stomach having the snap traps in here that I can see.

Hey girls~

Haydee, the traffic school is for a bad California stop/roll as I was turning right on a red! F^&kers caught me on camera and the ticket was $560!!! Plus, I had to pay $57 for the privilege of going to traffic school, and then was supposed to pay the traffic school directly as well. I found one (through a friend) who does not charge teachers or military! Sucks sucks sucks...and has been an expensive "lesson". It occurred two days after getting back from TX!

I tweaked my back Sunday and have been working out on it. Yesterday went to chiro and decided to skip this morning. So, I woke up at 7:40, and took my coffee to the back patio and read my book for 2 hours!!! Then took a quick dip (it was a bit cool). What a great morning.

OMG, my book is sooo good! I should finish it today. I've never read a book this fast...it just reads this way. Like Me by Chely Wright.

Yeah Laura on the gym!!! I am still LOVING working out...feel stronger and healthier. Haven't lost numbers but my doc said I've lost weight! (on sight only). I still love it, and am dreading going back to work when the workout schedule will suffer a bit!

OK...off to do this and that!

xoxooxox

Good afternoon, Violets..

Quick post as I can't sit here very long comfortably. Last night was not so hot. Had to resort to the pain pills again, but today is much better. I've done one set of exercises and am doing another as soon as I finish this. Each day is better and better. The dressing came off yesterday and the incision looks really good. The scar will be from the top of my knee a couple of inches down to the bottom of my knee a couple of inches. It's the universal scar I see on tons of knee replacement old people. lol

Bob's been at Rogers City all day and I managed to get in one nap so far. I've sat outside for a bit eating sweet cherries and enjoying the flowers. I found out a tree I thought was one kind, turned out to be a Rose of Sharon and it has a beautiful flower today. They are not easy to grow in this area, so I'm pretty pleased.

Wow, PamELa.. that's on expensive ticket!!!! One of the perks of being a Californian, eh?

To everyone else.. can't do personals, cause I can't sit here long enough to scroll down and reread. Suffice it to know that I read them all and love all you guys!!

Off to exercise and then read some more.

Feel better Judy!!!

Pam, I have a friend at work (old HS friend), who actually gained a lot of weight since high school, she use to be skinny. So she's goin to the gym all the time tryin to lose this weight.. and she keeps on me, she knows I bitch about how I do not wanna gain too much with this baby, so she's like bugging me every day. Today she said she was goin at 11, and I keep a gym bag at work for if I ever decide to go, so I decided screw it, I'm goin. I don't do nearly as much as she does (she was RUNNING on the treadmill for like 20m).. I was tired watching her. I walked quickly with weights for 15m, did elliptical for 3m, and various weight equipment for small reps. Better than nothing. I do want to not gain lots of weight, I am already in maternity pants, I don't remember if I told ya'll, probably did. Didn't need maternity pants till 6m with Carson, and at around 8 weeks my pants just hurt so I needed that stretchy give. My stomach isn't poking out too much really, it's just that I can't suck in like I use to.

My tummy is sticking out bad and I can't suck it in at all. I think that is great that you are going to the gym Laura!!!

Hi everybody...just got back from KC...Kansas City....got together with some old friends that we haven't seen in 14 yrs??? Yikes...we actually lost track...they were in KC, then moved to Houston...I tried looking them up when I was in Houston a few years ago...and they had moved..couldn't find them...but I finally tracked them down, found their daughter onFB and MySpace...so we went out to dinner on Sunday..they were leaving for vacation on Tueday, so our timing worked out well...we ate BBQ a lot...lol..it was good though...went to Hallmark (cards) Headquarters..stayed one night at Harrah's..gambled a little....and now we are home...Judy, hope you start feeling better...Pamela, yikes expensive ticket is right!! Janie, don't you have to have beAUTICIAN license to shop at Sally? Way to go on the gym, Laura....we were paLYING LICENSE PLATES GAME IN CAR and missed NC & SC....missed lots of East coast ones..glad you had a safe trip, Michelle...Love the color scheme too Haaydee...well laundry is calling...take care!!!

I buy dd's colored gel hair dye @ Sally's!

Last night one of my MIL's best friends called me, basically to ask "WTH is going on w/FIL"? Turns out he had sent out an e-mail last week to their friends detailing his new life, and to say that it surprised folks is an understatement! Plus, WE didn't get one, so I didn't know what she was talking about. She forwarded it to me, and it contains more info than either dh or I know. So. I'm not surprised by any of this anymore... but saddened. It feels just so disrespectful to my MIL for him to have done all this so quickly (evidently, it was within a week or so of her death). My feelings are all over the place. Wah.

Hey Girls~

Stayed up late and finished my book...now I am tired cause Susanne woke me up early to cuddle! That is ok..I'll take it! :cursing:

Michelle, stay strong. I know it has been tough, really can't imagine. ((hugs))

Well, new on my front is that BA and I are driving up to Tahoe on Monday! It is 8-9 hours away. We are staying at the Circus Circus downtown Reno, will go shopping at the pirate store in Tahoe and beebop around Truckie and Tahoe on Tuesday, then come home Wednesday! We are gonna have dinner w/ my stepmom on Monday night!

It should be funfunfun!!! Susanne will be in AZ w/ her mom and had planned to be there anyway, so this kinda worked out!

Skipped the gym today :wub: I never want to skip two days in a row...that is where it gets bad. But I tweaked my back on Sunday...just don't want to retweak it. I will go tomorrow for sure!!

OK...<3 you all!

All the pictures I have seen of Tahoe make it look like the most beautiful place! I would like to go there sometime!

Michelle, do you have a green card for Sallys?

Can you believe August is almost here? I need a few more days to pay my bills!! Actually a week would work well.

Oh, Laura, I keep meaning to tell you, I thought Valentines day was a nice romantic day to have a baby!! You had a C section with Carson right? Will they automatically do one this time? Am I remembering correctly is it February 8? Is your sister still going to beauty school? Still looking for a rusk Iron on sale for you....

Okay need to hop in shower. Work is calling my name.