Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Fingers crossed and LOTS of purple power sent your way, Janie!!!!!

I'm off to the doctor and then to a joint replacement class and then to the pre admit at the hospital. Looks like a beautiful day and I'll be stuck inside all morning! arghhhhhhhh

Hope everything is ok with your thumb too, Janie.. Will be thinking especially of you today..

Everyone make it a good one!!

Not really worried about my thumb, I think I need something to protect it at night, I sleep on my tummy and I think it gets moved in odd positions, so a splint for a lack of a better word seems to be the answer, at least that is what Dr. Randolph says.

Thank you for the link Michelle! I'm about go to read...

YAY Pam, glad you liked it. And I think it's important to bake it after putting it all together w/sauce & cheese (just to like blend it better). I was going to text you and tell you, but by time I saw you were making it on FB an hour had gone by so I figured you were past all that.

Just got back from OBGYN... Baby's good, but doesn't take pics like Carson did at that age LOL. I have a 4D pic of him when he was a tadpole, standin straight up and little flippers, it's the front of his baby book.. they tried 4D and couldn't get anything this time. So I just have normal ultrasound pics where you can't see anything. Heartbeat was 148, they said I had a cyst on my left ovary and Fluid behind my uterus, but neither of which concerned them and they said they just needed to make sure it hadn't grown or anything by 20w. 20w is going to be a long wait, I want a girl!! :thumbup:) And if it is a girl I want to go shopping for girl things!! If it's a boy, we have enough stuff not to have to buy anything really.. just another crib!

post-216201-13813139426571_thumb.jpg

Maybe she's just a shy girl who wants her privacy... :thumbup:

Good luck today, Janie!

1 week from today, Judy! Yikes!

That sounds good, Pam... wonder if I could trick my family into eating it??

Regular day here... ds still at soccer camp; dd at riding camp; dh at work = me alone :thumbup:! I'm working and cleaning, etc... ugh, with them home all the time the house is in a constant state of mess... drives me to distraction! Of course, I'm the only one who notices/it bothers.

Tomorrow I have to wake up extra early to drive approx 3 hrs to soccer camp to get there by 10am to pick up ds & friend, then turn right around and drive home 3 hrs... fun fun! I was going to go up this afternoon & then spend the night w/FIL so I'd have only a 45 minute drive in the a.m., but FIL doesn't live there anymore, so that's out. He never told us that he was already living w/her. Whatever.

I'm going to stop by the library today and try to find a good book on cd that I can listen to on my journey... any recommendations?

Am trying to be a good eater today. So far so good... of course, it's not even noon yet! :thumbup:

Everyone make it a good day!

Back from Dr.s and ligament and/or cartelidge damage, gave me a shot of cortisone in my joint, a split, and told me to come back in 6 weeks. Shot sort of hurt, now it is numb.

Any ideas from anybody on my car lock????

And for spaghetti squash, if you don't think of it as a substitute necessarily for Pasta, but rather, a new dish that you can put pasta toppings on (your homemade fav. marinara sauce, alfredo & sausage, etc.)... I think it helps get past the pasta thing. I originally did it as a sub for pasta-- but I don't like pasta to begin with. Russ on the other hand LOVES his pasta, but he tried it. Now he actually asks for it, and we still eat pasta sometimes (rarely since I don't like it), but he gets his fill of his fav. pasta toppings with the squash.

All the 'real' recipes I ever found online for it, do weird crap like put olives & feta cheese sprinked on top. I would think this would turn out gross, because if the pasta isn't mixed up well with a sauce it's definitely squash-y. But I cook the squash with salt/pepper/garlic salt, then mix it completely with a sauce and put it in a baking dish and sprinkle parmesian or mozzerella on top and bake it so it sets. Kind of like a spaghetti casserole.

I've never tried to make it but the way they make it at a restaurant we like is just a little butter then fresh parmesan sprinkled on top. They serve it with broiled fish. Its so good. Me, my dad and juan always get the same thing.

Janie, I am no help with your car lock. I am so mechanically challenged. I'm glad your thumb appt went well. Ill be thinking of you during your interview.

Laura, love the u/s pic. Did you scan it or is it from a cd? I want to show y'all mine...

Now that I'm in my 2nd trimester I don't even feel pregnant. Cravings and nausea all gone. No baby bump. Nothing at all, just feeling hungry all the time.

Feeling a lot sensitive though. Hormonal. I don't like feeling like this. I should be so happy...

Gah, I'm so glad I didn't lose that post. My service has been spotty here at the office. I hate hate hate typing on my phone...

anyhoo

I didn't even scan it Haydee, they just printed it out (they say bring a dvd disc for the 20w to record, but this one they just print out 2 copies, one for their charts and one for us), and I took a cell phone pic of it lol. That's why it's so fuzzy. Nothing to record, and I tell ya this nurse did it wrong.. she didn't turn volume on, so during the part where they check for heartbeat, you could hear a pin drop in the room. And she kept rechecking, I was gettin' nervous. Then she zoomed in and I could SEE the heartbeat, so I thought she just wasn't lining it up. I don't know what she was doing, then she told me it was 148. Normally they have the volume on so you can hear it and go awww baby's heart beat!

SOOO Haydee, take a cell phone pic of your bean-- DUH!

Duh! I'm so challenged sometimes, lol. Oh and hearing the heartbeat for the first time just turns your world upside down doesn't it? Me and juan were both in tears and I couldn't stop bawling long enough for her to get a good recording.

Hey girls~

Jane, good luck today! Sorry the thumb hurts! Hopefully it stops soon!

Michelle, I love books on tape! I am LOVING Julia's Chocolates too and really recommend it, but not if there are kids in the car. It is not "bad", just not for young ears. Hard to explain.

Haydee and Laura~ I LOVE THAT YOU ARE PREGGOS TOGETHER! The squash was great...and a rebake would work great. I like my Pasta al dente' so the squash came out perfect! It was not too mushy. I am worried that when I mic it later for leftovers it will get mushy. I LOVED it...and will make it again. She will just get pasta every other time,lol! I make spaghetti a lot for us...so I'll alternate!

I got my hair done, car done, pedi and eyebrows done, now I am poor and tired! Need a nap and still have papers to grade!

xoxoxoxo

Laura, not even with carson? Hopefully at your 20 week one things will run smoother. How many weeks are you? I'm 14 tomorrow.

Pam, ahh your day sounds lovely. My hair is a mess. My roots are so bad since my hair grows so fast. Gray hair everywhere. And I haven't had a chance to do a pedicure since the Thursday before the wedding. I've been so busy. My nails look like crap right now.