Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holding my breath....

Lap Band Solutions has it all. All doctors visits, medical records, medical clearance, etc.

I have been given the "it probably won't be approved" speech because of the lack of 12 months documentation. But I am still hopefull.

Said my prayers. Crossing my figures, toes, legs, eyes, and holding my breath.

Good thoughts are needed!

Losing hope this week. Have totally gone off of my low carb lifestyle and ate a million Christmas Cookies today.

Called lapbandsolutions to follow up on things, they called BC/BS and guess what? They say that they did not get my information. LBS will have to re-fax the stuff.

I will not be able to get this done this Christmas. Looks like Summer will be the next option for me, because I do not think a week for Spring Break will be long enough to recover.

:P

Guess I will stop holding my breath...

How disappointing that you'll have to wait until summer when you were all psyched up to do it now. But you can use the time until then to work on making better food choices and learning to chew, chew, chew. It won't be wasted time, although I know it's hard to wait.

Wishing you the best!

Emily

If you have a full week off for Spring break, I say go for it. You may still be a little tired after a week, but most people are able to return to school or work. Good luck with your approval!

I sent mine certified mail

Faxed twice and still lost Check to see if it made it from the person that recieved to the right department.

They are famous for not getting things. Find out and write the name of the person that recieved any documentation.I wrote down everyone I talked to and what about.

Called lapbandsolutions again today. They said they faxed it again. I requested that they send it certified mail, but the girl did not seem to think that was necessary. I guess I will call again this week. I have been following up once a week, and that does not seem to get things done. The insurance has been faxed once a week for two weeks now and does not have me in the system.

I did go back to work two and a half weeks after a c-section, so I think I could do this with just a week off, but would be afraid to try it. If I get approved I will do it then. But with the way things are going, don't know if they will get it done by March. If anyone has worked with TRS activecare would love to know who did the most for you. Maybe I could find that person and start working with them.

Thanks for all of the support. I appreciate it!

Losing hope this week. Have totally gone off of my low carb lifestyle and ate a million Christmas Cookies today.

Don't lose hope you can do this. One day of Cookies is not what makes us fat. It is when we have cookies everyday. Ok now that you got your cookies, step back. You are forgetting about the benefit of the low carb eating. You will actually lose some weight. Hey, then you will have a jump start on your weight lose before you get your band. I think the weight lose before the banding so we can practice how to eat beforehand. Keep practicing, it will be worth it in the long run. You have come this far, don't go back.

If you have lost 1 pound, promise yourself you will never see that pound again. Where is your ticker. Come on Live Like Your Banded.

I would definitely follow up with the insurance again to make sure they got the information. I have BC/BS and the nurse at my doctor's office said that they do not accept faxed information. She said it has to be mailed. It took a little longer but in the end everything worked out. I hope all goes well for you too!

Called lapbandsolutions again today and the girl did send it thru the mail. Also called BC/BS and spoke with a very helpful woman that told me to fax a copy to her attention and she would make sure it was "scanned in". Don't know what is going to happen now, but we will see.

I am trying to get back on my diet. I am such a carb adict. "Can't stop at one" takes on new meaning with my carb cravings. Did eat grapes tonight instead of Cookies, so small steps. Just don't want to see the 300 number again and I am getting close.

Still not holding my breath, but March looks good to me now...

Patience is a wonderfull thing....when I find some I will share it with you. I will continue to pray for those that are going through the insurance process to get banded.

I don't know why carbs have to be the best thing in the world but there are alternatives. That was a great choice with the grapes. Have you tried sugar free popcicles and pudding. I love the sugar free chocolate popsicles. They really helped me get through my liquid phase. Congratualtions on being in your 200's....I am trying to get to my 300's. Our fight is all the same, just at diffrent stages.

Good Luck Poodles....cute name. LOL

Oh, honey. I feel for you. You had better take some deep cleansing breaths... I have had a lovely time fighting with BC/BS of California. I have read posts both positive and negative about BC/BS of Texas. I will think good thoughts for your.

(((hugs)))

BC/BS has the predetermination letter "scanned in". As of today no results yet (but I knew that). From my understanding they have 30-45 days. Tick Tock Tick Tock...

I have to get back on my diet really quickly and work it well because I am trying to get life insurance and told them I am 10 lbs lighter than I really am. Don't think the fudge I made tonight helped any, but I did get lots of low carb things for next week. Will do better tomorrow, and a little better still on Saturday, then on Sunday will be back on full force. Found that it takes a good three days for all of the "carb junk" to get out of my system and then I will have strength again.

My husband pointed out that I have gone off the deep end several times since I have decided to get banded. This is after 3 years of no cheating. Think it is a mental thing? I just think I am a carb junkie and want a few "hits" before the final forced rehab of the band. Yeah, I am insane.

Please pray for my predetermination letter to be approved. I will need all the help I can get.