Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since I had my 3rd fill, it seems I vomit every day. I can't eat until after noon and then sometimes it's difficult. I find that I can eat the same thing each day and some days it goes down and other days it doesn't. I really don't want to have any Fluid taken out. Any suggestions?

You need to talk to your doctor. Although it is something you don't want, I think a little Fluid removal is much better than the risk of a slipped band. Vomitting every day is not good! Let us know how things go! You need to get it taken care of before your band slips. :unsure:

Call your surgeons office now!!

What we want and want we need aren't always one and the same. Like everyone else said, call your surgeon right away. Would you rather have to have all of the saline removed due to your stomach being irritated from your band being too tight or worse, your band slipping and possibly having to have it removed? And tight band doesnt always equal weight loss.

I have vomited every day since my band finally got adjusted tight enough to do the job it now functions. Sure I vomit, but remember the upper stomach pouch is only the size of pingpong ball. So just a little spits up. Like a child. I only vomit when I eat something to rough. I have to really think about what I am eating. You are fine. Just don't gobble food like the old days anymore. I still do and still pay for it. Of course if the puking gets to really wear on go to the doctor. For me, its just to stop fooling around and watch what I eat.

You really shouldn't vomit everyday. If the band is too tight you aren't getting your proper nutrients and it could cause big problems in the future. It doesn't mean you have to go and have all of your Fluid removed. Maybe just a tiny amount. But honestly I can see maybe 'slimming' once because you didn't chew your food well enough, but everyday? Not good.

I have a 10cc band with only 3.5 cc's in the band. I was fine after my last fill, but recently my band got tight for no reason. The only thing that goes down fine is Soup. I am finding it hard to eat anything solid. I also vomit almost everyday, I was on liquids for a few days then I tried to eat again, but I feel that any solid food gets stuck. I am so fustrated, I don't know if I should get an unfill, I feel that 3.5 cc's is so little.

I have a 10cc band with only 3.5 cc's in the band. I was fine after my last fill, but recently my band got tight for no reason. The only thing that goes down fine is Soup. I am finding it hard to eat anything solid. I also vomit almost everyday, I was on liquids for a few days then I tried to eat again, but I feel that any solid food gets stuck. I am so fustrated, I don't know if I should get an unfill, I feel that 3.5 cc's is so little.

Bell,

please call your surgeon!

We can help each other with diet, attitude and even fashion but when it comes to real health issues, the only ones that know exactly what to do are the medical professionals.

My doc said to go on fluids for a couple of days and see if the swelling goes down. I got back in 2 weeks for a checkup. If it's not better I will go back in sooner. What I don't understand is I'm not eating much, but not losing weight. Hopefully, I can get this under control soon. Thanks for the input.

I had an overfill during surgery and afterwards I was not able to eat much so my doctor prescribed liquid prednisone and I was fine in a few days.

A friend of mine was vomiting every day and was told she needs to take her prevacid before meals, not with or after. Now she is fine!

I guess we are all different. I still cannot eat eggs of all things...hard boiled, poached, fried, scrambled. Nothin works. But I can eat a pork chop!:tongue2:

Edited by MarilynJ6354

That's the thing, just like not having restriction can hinder weight loss, so can being too tight. As someone else mentioned, your body is not getting sufficient nutrients to sustain it. It's good that you called the doc, but if it continues, you really need to go in and get some removed. Vomiting every day is definitely dangerous and can result in your band slipping. Please keep us posted on how you're doing on the liquids.

Sometimes once we get to our sweet spot we don't know how to eat. We MUST chew, chew, chew some more. Sometimes we are too full and must get an unfill (I've been there), and sometimes we are just not chewing well enough and eating too fast (I've been there too). You need to review how and what you eat and what you are throwing up. And adjust accordingly. Put your fork down between bites, etc. Follow the rules we were first taught that we've not been forced to follow until our restriction level is there. And, as always--talk to your doctor. They know best. We are good for advice, just follow the drs. orders!

Good luck.

ETA: Oh--and when my band was too full, I lost really quickly at first and then gained back 1/2 of what I lost waiting for my next appointment to get an unfill (this was during the blizzard here in the DC/MD/VA earlier this year).

Crystal

Edited by crystal525
add info.

Speaking from experience, vomiting every day is no fun. twice now my band has gotten so tight for no reason ive had to go get unfills. I havent had a fill since teh begining of feb. and teh last time i went in for an unfill, I was so tight, I couldnt even keep down Water, and whatever I manged to get into my body would be thrown up during the night while i was sleeping. Unfortunatly i waited a little too long, and i started losing unhealthy weight, and once i got my 2nd unfill i gained back some of the weight i had lost. ugh. always go in if you even think you're too tight. its not worth it in the long run.

Ok, so I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who went through this. My fill was so tight at one point, I could not drink Water. It was horrible. I went to the doctor and they unfilled it some. Now I can eat. There were times (monrnings) where I felt my restriction tighter and food would not go through. It's better to slow down your weigh loss and eat proper nutrients than be unhealthy.