Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VERY FRUSTRATED -- partly my fault

OK, so in all honesty.. it's been months since I have been on here. I have been through SOOOOO much in my life.. not making excuses.. but I am now ready to get moving on this again. I had my surgery 11/09 - i am down just about 25 lbs.. i REALLY was expecting a lot more of a loss.. but again, i didn't put all 100% of myself into it. what I am shocked by is, as of right now i have 5 CC's in my band. i had .5 removed because i was getting stuck way too often. So even with 5cc's i still get stuck not AS bad though. I have cut out just about 80% of carbs and breads than I used to eat. mainly because i just cannot get them down.. i REALLY do eat A LOT less than I used to.. and although i am not eating strictly salads, and veggies.. nor exercising as much .. i would think i should be down a lot more by now... what is frustrating is this.. the PA who does the fills in my surgeons office, is very judgmental.. she does come down hard on us.. and is very hesitant on giving fills.. now i am speaking more for my sister because I lost my insurance and haven't been there for a few mths. my sister is at 6cc's and can still eat a huge plate of food.. no problem. there is something wrong with that.. YES. she really shouldn't be eating a huge plate of food.. but the purpose of the band is to help us eat less and feel full quicker right? so being that this is a tool.. why isn't it working?.. and yes, i am expecting a bunch of replies about how we need to work at the weight loss as well.. blah blah i heard and know it all.. how is it that some people lose massive amount of weight with little effort.. and some need to feel like they are on a diet their whole lives? is it the Dr? i dont get it.. and it's very frustrating. some days i feel like i just want this thing out of me. it causes more aggrivation than anything. the pain of eating is getting old now.. and yes, i have slowed down and chewed my food well.

Nobody is losing massive amounts of weight with little effort!!!!

Try documenting everything you eat and drink. You may be surprised that you are consuming a lot more calories than you thought.

Make sure you drink at least 64 ounces of Water daily.

Make sure you consume at least 50 grams of Protein daily.

Work on the attitude, nothing comes easy and it only makes it harder when you are fighting it.

The people with the positive attitudes didn't get them because they are successful. They are successful because they had positive attitudes.

Good luck.

Once again, well said!!

I feel for you. I am expecting to have a full feeling at some point with not everything relying on myself. I didn't pay so much money so I had to do all the work myself. Keep in touch.

lol

Mousek -- yes!! thank you. if i wanted to put in 100% efforts and feel like i was dieting my whole life, i would have stayed on weight watcher where i lost MORE weight.. so obviously I can lose it.. it's been done before.. but i expecting something so much more different.

I am all about attitude and staying positive.. so i hear ya. However, when 90% of what you eat gets stuck.. causing you to not eat so much.. atleast i would like to see some results.. I dont think i'm going over board on the frustration here... i gave it 7 mths so far. I will continue to fight and not give up on it.

Kamma Niyama

Mousek -- yes!! thank you. if i wanted to put in 100% efforts and feel like i was dieting my whole life, i would have stayed on weight watcher where i lost MORE weight.. so obviously I can lose it.. it's been done before.. but i expecting something so much more different.

I am all about attitude and staying positive.. so i hear ya. However, when 90% of what you eat gets stuck.. causing you to not eat so much.. atleast i would like to see some results.. I dont think i'm going over board on the frustration here... i gave it 7 mths so far. I will continue to fight and not give up on it.

Kamma Niyama

I should've also included a congratulations on the weight you have lost.

If everything you eat is getting stuck, you may still be too tight. This is just as bad or worse than not being tight enough because you have choice but to either cheat and eat slider foods or starve. Your brain and body won't let you do the latter.

This is probably the reason your PA is being stingy with fills. It may be for your own good.

I understand that having to pay out of pocket makes it a lot more inconvenient to get the required adjustments be it a fill or unfill but I don't know of a solution for that off hand.

Document everything that passes your gums for the next week or so. You can do this on Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate and it will calculate the calories for you.

If you are averaging more than 1,500 calories a day, you'll need to cut that down to about 1,200. If you are averaging under 1,000 a day; you may not be consuming enough and may need to bump it up 200 calories.

Keep your chin up. Losing slowly is 1,000 times better than gaining quickly.

@OP What are you eating? Keep a food diary. Eating the foods to avoid will cause you to get stuck. The band does not lose the weight for us. It is a tool to help YOU lose the weight. It is not going to do it for you. YOU have to make healthier food choices and exercise. Maybe you should attend some group support meetings, they have nutritionists there and bariatric docs. These meeting are free so check them out.

Losing weight is not an easy thing, it is full of stress, frustration and hard work. Good luck to you.:unsure:

Here is a link from the doctor you have on your profile. The have online and free live support group meetings.

New York Obesity Surgery - Obesity Support Groups Online