Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I posted a tiny bit here before back in Feb. Unfortunately, I am one of those people who join forums post a bit, then forget to come back..and when I do come back, I lurk. Lol. I am going to try my best to come back and post tho because since feb I have started the road to lapband surgery =)

I met my surgeon and he is amazing. He has a sense of humor and I honestly love that. I dislike doctors who are too uptight and he literally walked into the room with a great attitude and started making a few jokes here and there. He made me feel very comfortable. That was in March. I did my white light scan which was interesting... and I went to my preop diet and exercise class yesterday.

I know it's taken me 3 months to do these things..and I think my main problem is I dont have the motivation I need. I also have a young child, and a husband who may be deploying in a matter of months. Finding a baby sitter I can trust with my child is hard. BUT after going to my class yesterday I am a lot more positive and a bit more motivated to get this all done.

I DO want the surgery, don't get me wrong...but when you've been lazy and laid back all your life with out family to really help motivate you, it's hard to get up and do the things you need to do.

Next up I need to go get my psych eval, blood work, and attend a support group meeting. Then after all that's done I can get a surgery date =D bad part is, my surgeon is apparently very popular in my area, so he is booked for the next 5 months or so!

Anywho I hope to get to know some of yall better =) I will def try to stick around more this time, especially since I am on the road to surgery.

-Kira

Good luck to you Kira....It also took me a few months to get everything done! I work for a school district so I was planning on having surgery after school ended, since I have all summer off....Today was the last day!!! YAY....surgery is on Monday June 7th.

If you take a look through this forum and check out all the before and after pictures it will truly motivate you to get this done!!! I have been inspired by the pictures, I can't wait to post my pics....Too bad about the wait for the surgeon, maybe you can schedule surgery now, by the time it comes around, you will have finished all your other requirements.

Good Luck

Thanks! I will def go check out the pictures.

But yayy for you! only a few more days! How exciting! That is awesome.

Unfortunatly, my surgeon won't schedule a surgery date until all the requirements are done. Sooo odds are my surgery will probably be scheduled for sometime in Autumn maybe Winter.. BUT I think I'm okay with that because we have a lot of plans this summer and plan on traveling a bit to visit family.

Hopefully I will get everything else I need done soon tho!

Good luck with your surgery in a few days! :thumbup: