Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I totally blew it this holiday weekend!

It's confession time! This pass weekend, (Memorial Day Weekend), I totally blew it. I have my first appointment with the dietian and doctor Monday, June 7th! I'm pretty sure I gained 3 lbs this pass weekend! I had three parties to go too and all the yummy food I can take in. Then my fiance and I are planning our wedding and sharing with friends and family which equals celebration dinners! Finally, work has been super busy and McDonalds is so much faster! :biggrin: I promise to be good! I'd hate for the doctor to be like, "You want to have WLS, but you gain 3-5 lbs in a month!!" Help! I need to be beaten! :wink2:

I feel better saying all this out loud!!

It's confession time! This pass weekend, (Memorial Day Weekend), I totally blew it. I have my first appointment with the dietian and doctor Monday, June 7th! I'm pretty sure I gained 3 lbs this pass weekend! I had three parties to go too and all the yummy food I can take in. Then my fiance and I are planning our wedding and sharing with friends and family which equals celebration dinners! Finally, work has been super busy and McDonalds is so much faster! :wink2: I promise to be good! I'd hate for the doctor to be like, "You want to have WLS, but you gain 3-5 lbs in a month!!" Help! I need to be beaten! :biggrin:

I feel better saying all this out loud!!

You can make healthy choices with the food that is available stick to the fruit, and veggie tray for meats go for the chicken or lean turkey. You are the one that wants to make the changes!

Ok there is nothing good about McDonalds, no matter what you choose! It is very difficult to get into a routine but you have to do it, buy some yogurt or boil some eggs for Breakfast, lunch deli meat like chicken and turkey with some green veggies and then dinner rotissery chicken again with some green veggies. Will you be crabby yes because you are detoxifying your body! So your fiancee will have to deal with it.

Next you seem to be committed to do right so you will have to make some sacrifice, will you slide back and have something you shouldn't yes of course your human, just dust yourself off and get back on! You have to do this, you want to do this so you must do this. Come in here ask questions and vent that is what we are here for!

We have also been where you are so we understand looking at that fountain chocolate and cake and crab cakes and well I better stop :biggrin:. Anyway just concentrate on the end result!

Good luck!

Sandee

If you HAVE to go to McDonalds order the grilled chicken sandwhich no mayo (Mayo adds huge amounts of Fat and Calories.). Some stores will let you get a side salad from the $1 value menu instead of fries. Get diet coke (Yes I know after surgery you can't drink it but that is in the future). They also sell yogurt.

Burger King also sells grilled chicken sandwiches.

Wendy's has Chili.

Also many convenience stores have Protein shakes in the refrigerator section.

My nutritionist told me to order the grilled chicken sandwich at any drive through and toss the bread, just order a side salad if you need more. Yes the chili at wendy's is not only ok to eat it is also delicious. You can just order a Water if you want, although post surgery that is a no no. I told the nut that I get thirsty with my meals and really miss drinking water with. She suggested iIdrink at least 8 ounces of water 30 minutes prior to eating, and u know what, it really does make a difference.

Going into town (40 miles) we spend the day shopping etc. It is always a problem with what to eat, so this last nut visit we talked mostly on fast food and restaurants. Funny how such a few ideas from her helped. I kept thinking "why didn't think of that".

another thing you can do, is if you know you're going to go overboard on your eating, then you need to include some form of excercise and be sure to burn some calories. besides you'll feel less guilty.