Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Failure???????

I'm so upset. I've losing my hair rapidly. Not the weight. It seems to have began with my first fill about six weeks ago. I'm going to be bald by x-mass. I had my blood taken to see what's up?? Everything came back fine. I also did the nioxen thing and I really don't see a difference. I have not lost any weight, but have gained 5 lbs. I'm eating out of stress and I need some help,support and advice. Thanks for the ear bending. Have a wonderful Holiday!!!!!!! :cry

Okay jennifer...here's some links to other threads so you can get the support you need. Regarding hair loss...

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9862&highlight=hair+loss

and regarding slow weight loss...

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10174

Sounds to me like you need to increase your calories. Yep, eat more. Do you have any idea what your average calorie intake is on a daily basis? If it's under 1000, you can bet you will lose hair, feel terrible, and have a hard time dropping the pounds. Try going to www.room42.com and see what your calorie range needs to be. Also go to www.fitday.com to log your foods and see what kind of nutritional value you are getting from your food.

Good luck! I'm a slow loser. But your numbers look great to me!! Keep it up!

I didnt like reading that thread.. it sounds like so many things can cause hair loss and theres little that can be done about it or not until after the fact.

I am denial about this Hair loss thing.. I have so little hair and have always wanted hair more than anything BUT a fit body, so, if I get hair loss, I will be very very sad.

Hair loss is TEMPORARY, people!! Many, many bandsters and anyone else who has had surgery will notice some thinning of hair, but I promise it is temporary and it will all come back. I used it as an excuse for a different haircut, but now my hair is back to its own self and I'm letting it grow out again. Really, in the long run this temporary hair loss is nothing!!

My hair fell out alot after my Hyst. But I had my gallbladder out last year and it did not come out as bad. I take a product called ambertose and for the first time in my life. I have had to cut my toenails and people have made comments on my hair getting thicker and I can tell the diffrence too. I did not notice that much till I saw a picture from the year of my Hyst and my now picture. Big diffrence.

I pray I do not lose my hair again.I do not have that much to spare.I hope the Ambertose will help me to keep my hair this time. I saw this lady that bought a ponytail wig. It was the same color as her hair and it looked great.Good luck to you.

Jennifer--

I know just how your feeling-it happened to me too-even causing me to go to the dr (which i try NOT to do,ever).I was freaking out-it was even becoming noticeable! But luckily now im back to normal (or at least so far-i did just have another surgery earlier this month-Im hoping my body is used to it now..lol). It can happen after any sort of stress-car accident,surgery/dramatic weightloss-so we get "double whammied" here. LOl woowhooo!!Im crossing my fingers on NO MORE HAIRLOSS!lol-its very scary-seeing clumps of hair falling out in the shower-leaving "your mark"everywhere you go.But I guess if you ever get lost they`ll be able to find ya!=-) LOL Always have to look at things in a positive,funny light =-)

Good luck I hope your not freaking out anymore-I defiantly know the feeling. My fiancee said he kept finding my long hairs EVERYWHERE (USE YOU IMAGINATION...lol HEHE :x ). Good luck to you and have a wonderful-stress free-Thanksgiving!

My friend that had GBP was with me today and he was picking hair off the back of my shirt. I joked that it was on the front too :) He asked how long it had been falling out and I told him just a little over a week, his response was that it would be over in a few more weeks, don't stress over it or it will be worse for a longer period of time. I am not stressing at all, I even did a color touch-up myself, my hairdress didn't want to do it and make me lose even more hair. I am going for a cut tomorrow so I look good for our Christmas pictures. I am not going to stress over it, it is just hair and it will grow back, eventually. If it gets too thin I will shave my head, anybody care to join me? ~Mandy