Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Daniel Huacuz He Is Inamed Certified

Consider yourself lucky. Sadly, many others aren't quite as fortunate.

Fortunately MANY other are quite as fortunate. Besides luck has nothing to do with it.

Fortunately MANY other are quite as fortunate. Besides luck has nothing to do with it.

Sadly, not enough are fortunate enough. Way too many mistakes.

You are right, luck has nothing to do with the "oups" patients.

Sadly, not enough are fortunate enough. Way too many mistakes.

You are right, luck has nothing to do with the "oups" patients.

Do you have statistics to back these claims up? I relate my own experiences and those of my friends (experiences I have witnessed first hand).

Those are not statistics those are experiences !

Do you have statistics to back these claims up? I relate my own experiences and those of my friends (experiences I have witnessed first hand).

No, unfortunately I haven't met up with all the patients that he made mistakes on. So I can't give you accurate numbers.

However, if you do a search here and on OH for Molding Clinic, Betancourt, and Haucuz, you'll see what I mean.

The Molding Clinic he worked out of was an absolute horror. Yet he and Andres Betancourt continued going there daily to operate. It was a filthy clinic and that didn't seem to bother Dr. Huacuz in the least. He claims they would not permit him to see his patients following surgery. I'm talking immediately following surgery and he had a huge problem with this. Yet he continued going back and operating on a daily basis knowing he wouldn't be able to check on his own surgical patients. That is how he explained the large number of infections. It wasn't his fault because the clinic did not let him check on his own patients.

Or, you can talk to ANY of the more popular bariatric surgeons in Mexico and ask them how many of Dr. Huacuz patients they have had to operate on to fix bands, remove bands due to infection, etc.

Or you could talk to DawnaT and ask her what he told her about his complication stats. He claimed they were zero, many of his patients disagree.

Now, do you have stats to defend your claims? I mean something other than Dr. Huacuz' word for it. We already know how reliable that is.

No, unfortunately I haven't met up with all the patients that he made mistakes on. So I can't give you accurate numbers.

Or, you can talk to ANY of the more popular bariatric surgeons in Mexico and ask them how many of Dr. Huacuz patients they have had to operate on to fix bands, remove bands due to infection, etc.

Now, do you have stats to defend your claims? I mean something other than Dr. Huacuz' word for it. We already know how reliable that is.

I asked for statistics and first hand information, not hearsay. I did not make claims. I stated what had happened to me and what I had witnessed with my own two eyes and heard with my own two ears. Yes, I DO know how realiable Dr. Huacuz is and how he has kept his word to me and those I know who have gone to him.

I asked for statistics and first hand information, not hearsay. I did not make claims. I stated what had happened to me and what I had witnessed with my own two eyes and heard with my own two ears. Yes, I DO know how realiable Dr. Huacuz is and how he has kept his word to me and those I know who have gone to him.

Again those are not statistics !!!

That technically is also hearsay .

statistics - definition of statistics by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

You cant say you have statistics based on what "You have heard from patients you know ' THAT is not statistics. Statistics and first hand info are 2 different things if you want to get technical !

hearsay: Definition, Synonyms and Much More from Answers.com

If you went into court and said " I heard from this patient that Dr H said blah blah " They would not let you repeat it its hearsay "

Just trying to clarify . What Wasa is talking about are actual statistics ! #'s based on the amount of complications . Your arguing with her that she does not have that info because its NEGATIVE , But you do not have info either to back up your positive statements .

Just trying to see things both ways. People cant sit here and get defensive because they hear something negative and automatically say " THAT"S NOT TRUE " because THEY had a good experience with a doc.

Mindy

Again those are not statistics !!!

That technically is also hearsay .

statistics - definition of statistics by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

You cant say you have statistics based on what "You have heard from patients you know ' THAT is not statistics. Statistics and first hand info are 2 different things if you want to get technical !

hearsay: Definition, Synonyms and Much More from Answers.com

If you went into court and said " I heard from this patient that Dr H said blah blah " They would not let you repeat it its hearsay "

Just trying to clarify . What Wasa is talking about are actual statistics ! #'s based on the amount of complications . Your arguing with her that she does not have that info because its NEGATIVE , But you do not have info either to back up your positive statements .

Just trying to see things both ways. People cant sit here and get defensive because they hear something negative and automatically say " THAT"S NOT TRUE " because THEY had a good experience with a doc.

Mindy

Apparently I'm not making myself clear. Someone made statements in a statitistical vein. I asked for those statistics. My positive statements are things I have witnessed with my own eyes, so they are not heresay. And someone can not get ultra negative when they hear something positive and automatically say "That's not true" because they heard of people having a bad experience with a doctor.

Apparently I'm not making myself clear. Someone made statements in a statitistical vein. I asked for those statistics. My positive statements are things I have witnessed with my own eyes, so they are not heresay. And someone can not get ultra negative when they hear something positive and automatically say "That's not true" because they heard of people having a bad experience with a doctor.

You made yourself clear. Are we suppose to take your word for it that these things you saw with your own eyes ?

WASA is simply suggesting , telling people to research ( as she always does) this doc and any other doc on here and THAT is where you can find the info negative . Sorry but maybe its me your last statement makes NO SENSE to me and ive sat here and read it for 5 mintues. People DO get very defensive about their docs and rightly so . however just because a statement is negative does NOT MEAN Its NOT TRUE !!!

You have to understand , maybe this is something you do not know yet from being on here. There are coordinators that work for doctors that come on here and pose as fake patients, there are doctors that pose as patients and bash other doctors . So saying something like " i have seen it with my own eyes " honestly does not hold a lot of weight for someone who is fairly new to this site .

That is not a dig at you im just trying to make you understand how others see it .

Mindy

"You made yourself clear. Are we suppose to take your word for it that these things you saw with your own eyes ? "

A witness is a witness whether people believe them or not.

"Sorry but maybe its me your last statement makes NO SENSE to me and ive sat here and read it for 5 mintues. People DO get very defensive about their docs and rightly so . however just because a statement is negative does NOT MEAN Its NOT TRUE !!! "

Just because a statment is positive does not mean it is not true.

"You have to understand , maybe this is something you do not know yet from being on here. There are coordinators that work for doctors that come on here and pose as fake patients, there are doctors that pose as patients and bash other doctors . So saying something like " i have seen it with my own eyes " honestly does not hold a lot of weight for someone who is fairly new to this site . "

I do understand quite well and am well aware of what goes on here. I have seen these people just as you have. And I would also give new people on this site some credit for being able to reason for themselves.

"That is not a dig at you im just trying to make you understand how others see it . "

No problem. My view is not one sided and is not uninformed. I have my experiences and others have theirs. We will just have to agree to disagree.

We will agree to disagree. I do not come on this site to agrue.

I come on this site to repay what was given to me which is educating people about getting safe WLS .

Many newbies, people who do not spend a lot of time on the boards do not know what goes on and the dishonesty that goes on .

So saying " Take my word for it " Does not go far in most cases good or bad.

We will agree to disagree especially about this situation

Mindy

I think you can get a fairly good idea about whether or not a report is likely accurate, based on how common similar reports are. For example, if I see somone talking about the absolutely horrid experience they had with surgeon X, but can't find any other similar reports, it's a fair guess to say that either that person's experience was out of the norm for surgeon X or that the person was just trying to discredit that surgeon for some reason. If, on the other hand, I research the report and easily find multiple similar reports, it's fair to conclude that there is likiely some basis for the negative report.

It's not unusual to see negative reports about Dr. Huacuz. I remember seeing many of them, both here and at ObesityHelp.com when I was a member there. One or two, sure, you could probably pass off as a patient coordinator for another doctor, trying to get rid of the competition. But to have many negative experience reports, that sends up a huge red flag for me.

I think you can get a fairly good idea about whether or not a report is likely accurate, based on how common similar reports are. For example, if I see somone talking about the absolutely horrid experience they had with surgeon X, but can't find any other similar reports, it's a fair guess to say that either that person's experience was out of the norm for surgeon X or that the person was just trying to discredit that surgeon for some reason. If, on the other hand, I research the report and easily find multiple similar reports, it's fair to conclude that there is likiely some basis for the negative report.

It's not unusual to see negative reports about Dr. Huacuz. I remember seeing many of them, both here and at ObesityHelp.com when I was a member there. One or two, sure, you could probably pass off as a patient coordinator for another doctor, trying to get rid of the competition. But to have many negative experience reports, that sends up a huge red flag for me.

that's the thing that cracks me up though, We as " Vets " ya'll more so than I am try to tell others we have seen many many negative reports about Huacuz and WE are the liars we are the ones that cant back stuff up . All ya gotta do is search on here !

Mindy

Nope, not going to work.

Nobody is claiming that you did not have a positive experience or that of your friends. The reality is that Huacuz isn't the busiest doctor in the world yet he has a very long history of people complaining about infections, misplaced bands, bands that had to be removed upon returning to the US, etc. There are doctors that have done many more bands and various procedures that don't have 1/10th of the negatives on various boards as Huacuz. He has a rep of working for clinics that lost their license because of poor medical care when HE was the surgeon in charge.

He's been caught red handed posing as his own patients telling people how wonderful he is on other boards. He's been caught with IP addresses and when he plain messed up and forgot which ID he was posting under.

Patients have come here and told their own experiences, their own first hand experiences.

Other Mexican doctors complain that he makes all of Mexico look bad when he botches a surgery and his patients go to other doctors to have the repairs done. Those that don't come back to another Mexican doc to have the repairs go on line telling everyone how ALL of Mexico is bad.

How about how he signs his patients up for OH before they are ever discharged from his clinic and he begs them to post a testimonial on OH? Then he gives them their password and bugs them to write testimonials. Why would he sign someone up for a band board and assign them a log in ID and password? If a patient wants to post on a message board they are fully capable of creating their own ID and password. OH has many glitches in their system and if you are familiar with their software you can get people's full names and city they live in. He has no right to do that to people. There is one person that when she discovered the software glitches she wanted to try and delete the account that was made for her and she couldn't remember the log in password that was assigned to her by Dr. Huacuz and she couldn't delete her own account. So there was her name for everyone to see. She didn't want the world knowing she went to Mexico for bariatric surgery.

How about how his patient coordinators create fake IDs on OH and write blogs using his patient's full name (patient confidentiality, anyone?) to slam dunk someone that dares to tell how he almost killed her?

How about how he offers people money for not posting their experiences with him?

How about how he tells people he has never had a complication or death? We know THAT isn't true. No doctor with any amount of experience has never had a complication, if that was the case nobody would ever die or throw a blood clot or anything else that happens to patients when they have surgery.

How about how he tells women how pretty they are and they are his angel, blah blah blah... it makes them feel hinky.

How about how his website refers to his "hospital" when in fact, it is a clinic?

Nobody claimed to have exact numbers and you know that so exact stats are impossible. I cannot provide that anymore than you can. Reputation is key here and he does not have a good one.

Huacuz and Betancourt have a very long history and it's not a good one. Do searches on any large band boards for either name and you can see "first hand" what I refer to. Each one blames the other for all the mistakes and problems with patients, infections, the works. The reality is that Huacuz was the surgeon and the infections and such were his responsibility. That's not to lessen Betancourts role in all this, he is just as bad within his own position. It's just that the blame game does not work. They both had responsibilities and they both failed miserably and still do.

I can go on and on if that is what you wish.

:rolleyes:

mindy