Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All! I'm new to the forum. Banded 5/27. I've progressed from clear to full liquids, and have been hungary all the way. Have reached my daily Protein and Fluid requirements too. When I start eating soft food, how much do I start with...for instance, breakfast....one egg, or two? I just don't know.

Hi All! I'm new to the forum. Banded 5/27. I've progressed from clear to full liquids, and have been hungary all the way. Have reached my daily Protein and Fluid requirements too. When I start eating soft food, how much do I start with...for instance, breakfast....one egg, or two? I just don't know.

Congratulations:

You are doing fine, as long as your meeting your daily Protein intake, when you start eating yes you can have scrambled eggs make sure that it is soft mushy. In this phase just make sure that all you eat is soft, you will get tired of this food just be patient. Also remember to concentrate on healing if you gain weight it is ok, right now all you want to do is just heal.

Good luck!

Sandee

Cream of Wheat made with NF milk and I even had a baked yam about a week out. Creamed Soups are good also. Add unflavored Protein Powder to them and watch your calorie intake. It's important that you measure all food. During this time period you could gain weight. I had a rough time during this period. Try some greek style yogurt with honey dribbled on top. It's high in Protein and low in sugar. Best wishes on your journey!!!

I would do like 3 egg white for Breakfast, I found the best breakfast, Yoplat key lime pie yogurt about 4 tablespoons of that some cut up bananas and I crushed up about a half of a graham cracker IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD

If you think about the amount of Protein you're supposed to eat daily, that may help--it's 60 to 80 grams--plan your meals around that. Whenever you can up your protein you should, for example using nonfat milk or soy milk to make Cereal or pudding instead of rice or almond milk.

Also, your doctor should have given you some guidelines to follow. I am not allowed anything but full liquids for two weeks. So check with your doctor.

Drinking, staying hydrated, is also important. I wouldn't worry about calories too much although you probably won't come in with over 8 or 9 hundred a day. Good Luck!!

When I started soft foods I thought two eggs sounded about right, but I could not even eat half of it. It depends on the level of your swelling and restriction. I was more restricted at that time than I thought I was.

HI

I was banded 19 days ago and I was on Clear Liquids for the first week (500cal, 50 g protein). I had the realized band and they a great web site for support. The have a place to enter all of your food and keep track of. The second week I was on Soups (split pea, Tomato and broth base Soup.) The third week I moved up to 1200cal and 70 to 100 g of Protein. I was told to try to stay under 100 g carbs.

Mark:cool:

I've been on liquids(now full), only having 1/2 cup servings at a time. Is this right, or is this why I'm always hungary?

I've been on liquids(now full), only having 1/2 cup servings at a time. Is this right, or is this why I'm always hungary?

I don't think there is any restrictions on how big a serving while on liquids.

there 1/2 cup crap comes into play with solid food.

While I was on liquids I was on 4 oz an hour. :cursing: I think that was to prevent stretching...However, as I have learned on here. EVERY doctor is different.

Sydney

Does anybody want to share some "full liquid" meal ideas?

Mine was Protein shakes; Water and non-calorie soft drinks only but other include sugar free Jello, popsicles, yogurt, etc...

Does anybody want to share some "full liquid" meal ideas?

I had the cream of chicken Soup that I diluted with skim milk instead of Water. Then, I added a little sage, pepper and garlic powder. It was so good that my 16 year old took some to work to eat for lunch.

Mine is sugar free fat free pudding, any pureed soup--I made some black bean Soup and pureed it--potato soup thinned down/pureed. Yogurt--I eat Voskos, it's a greek yogurt and has approx. 10 grams of Protein in a 5 oz cup. And then there's runny cream of wheat or oatmeal. Protein Drinks made with soy milk or fat free milk with a tsp. of Peanut Butter thrown in. That's basically what I've been eating all week. Everything seems to go down fine and it all satisfies my hunger. And Water which I have not been drinking enough of.