Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I kind of jumped in and didn't introduce myself first. I am Stacy, I live in Missouri, married with two kids, two dogs and one strange cat. I love watching NASCAR, work as an Accounting Manager for an engineering firm, and am enrolled in school...still....

I weighed 264 at the time of my pre-surgery appointment, I have lost 12 -15 lbs depending on several things... My approval process went very quickly, becuase I knew the minute my insurance said that begining 1/1/10 they would cover it that I was going to have the surgery come heck or highwater!

I have not always been overweight. I was 120 my senior year. I had my son and had to have a c-section, gained to much weight but I lost quite a bit and looked rather good when I got pregnant with my daughter. I only gained 20 lbs with her and did well at maintaining a weight more then what I was at graduation but acceptable for a while. then I developed endometriosis, and it went down hill from there. My estrogen was messed up, my moods were bad, and I gained and gained and gained. I had a hysterectomy and I stopped gaining but was only able to lose a little here and there. I finally hit a point where nothing worked. I used to be able to do WW and lose weight but finally I could eat 1000 calories a day, excercise 10 hours a day and still not lose. I no longer felt good about myself. I didn't feel pretty, and certainly not sexy....It was affecting my relationship with my husband. (He was supportive and wonderful but if you don't feel worthy, nothing they do will matter). Finally the surgery became a real option for me.

I had my surgery 4/29/10 and have had no real complications.

I love the support I have found here. No judgements on having the surgery or not being "strong" enough to do this without it. I look forward to posting with you!!!

It's nice to meet you Stacy! My name is Leeanne. I live in Pennsylvania. I don't have any kids, but I have seven rabbits, two chinchillas, a guinea pig, a mouse, and a gerbil..they're kind of like my kids! :o I'm currently a Licensed Practical Nurse. I'm furthering my education and am heading into my fourth semester to get my RN, so I guess I'm in school...still...too! LOL

I was banded on May 13, 2010 and weighed in at 249. So far, I've lost twelve pounds and have had no real complications with the band either.

I wasn't really overweight either until I hit my early twenties. I was an avid roller skater up until 20, and then I stopped skating. I'm thinking that kept me in shape. I also worked midnight for two years which screwed up my metabolism. I got so tired of losing 50 pounds just to gain it back, so surgery was the only option I saw.

I too love the support here. Anytime there's something that I'm worried about, I find the answers here.

Good luck on your journey! It is very nice to meet you! :thumbup: