Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some advise

Hi All,

Well I have a question...I have lost 154 lbs since July 04, and I went from 351 to 197. The question I have is I can notice on my thighs the wrinkly skin, which to me says extra skin, but my abdomin (belly) doesn't have that wrinkly skin look. It looks more like fat, which it is. My husband says it is extra skin, but in my mind there is no extra skin, it's all fat. I try to work on it by doing crunches, but I know it will never go away. I would like to get a TT done, but I would like to get to my goal of 160 lbs. I have been losing real slow, even though I am filled good, and I don't eat bad, but I know it will be coming off much slower I don't know if I will ever reach that goal or not. I am happy with the weight loss so far, and I didn't have this surgery to be a size 4, I am happy I can go into a department store and by 16 pants and x lg shirt. So now I have rambled on long enough, and the question was does the belly look different than thighs with the skin?

Thanks so much

Suzan

Well, yeah, my belly looks different from my legs and my bat wings.

You might be carrying more excess skin than you think. I would suggest talking to your doctor and asking him/her what they think. If you get to lets say 180 and you are carrying around 20 lbs of skin.... bam! your at goal right there 160.

Good luck !!!

I can tell my belly fat will stick with my belly skin, to a degree. It's like the layer of fat just under the skin will only shrink but so much...so in order for the fat to go, the skin needs to go too. Tummy Tuck is in my future, much as I hate it. I can feel my abs underneath it all. I have good muscles there! It's just covered in what used to be...or soon will be "used to be".

My inner thighs are becoming more of a wreck. That's an issue, too. But it's different. It's saggy loose extra stretched out skin with no elasticity. Well, some of that same stuff is on my stomach too, but I know what you mean about it being different.

My band doc told me to get to 160 or so and I'd be ready for the tummy tuck. I'm thinking 170 will do it. At some point, it's time to "cut the line". Maybe 190 is the weight for you.

I'm 5'5" and my BMI goal is 24, which puts my goal weight at 145. In case those numbers help you compare.

Excellent work! 154 pounds! WTG!!!!

wow, excellent work on your lost to date. Have your body fat percentage measured. It may be that you are darn close to your proper weight fat/muscle ratio, and that might be why you've slowed down.

My skin is different on different parts of my body too.