Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What more to prepare for coming home afterwards

To make an avatar with a picture, go to the top right of this page and click on quick links. Then click change avatar, your picture must be 50x50 pixles ( I can make it smaller for you if you would like, just email a picture to piercedqt78@sbcglobal.net ) You will then select custom avatar and then selece the picture that you want to use from your computer and click submit or update profile, it will be there. I am glad that you are ready to share your picture with us, I saw the one in your profile and you are beautiful ~Mandy

To make an avatar with a picture, go to the top right of this page and click on quick links. Then click change avatar, your picture must be 50x50 pixles ( I can make it smaller for you if you would like, just email a picture to piercedqt78@sbcglobal.net ) You will then select custom avatar and then selece the picture that you want to use from your computer and click submit or update profile, it will be there. I am glad that you are ready to share your picture with us, I saw the one in your profile and you are beautiful ~Mandy

Thanks Mandy, sent pic, do your stuff.....I am ready......

Le the show begin. then I shall prepare to go out in the sunshine and smell the flowers and go get some liquids.......

Debra

Okay I am now really here..a few adjustments and I feel maybe I cen get some work done. I am not sure where to start, but feel so much better with the posts this morning i will fly through the day and be back tonight when the waiting gets shorter.

Thanks to all...

CONGRATULATIONS!?!?!?! I know this has been one of the greatest choices of my life (being banded)

My only "advise" taste a few of those drinks before your surgery. I found that you will definitly like some and others will make you gag. The last thing I wanted to deal with post-op is gagging on my drinks, throwing drinks out and getting something else, I just wanted to open my fridge and have something that I knew I liked to consume. :-) That was within my doc's requirements.

Congratulations and Good Luck !!!

I had this in the house:

liquid Tylenol for adults

Gas-X chewable

Vitamins - chewable Centrum

Calcium - chewable viactin

First 2 weeks, clear diet:

Juice: Apple, Cranberry, Grape - regular not diet

Broth: my mom made me home made broth...thank you mom

coffee: regular w/skim milk

Ice pops, one box of 24, regular sugar

Tea's, any flavor (hot)

Crystal light, any flavor

Week 3 thicker liquids

Protein shakes

cream of wheat - maple flavor

cream Soups... I lived on butternut squash by campbells mmmm mmm good :)

plain or vanilla yogurt

Week 4 pureed:

Any food you can puree

mashed taters

mashed sweet taters

tuna salad

Soups, creamed

butternut squash

Week 5

I'm on this now, regular food :)

Hope this helps, but remember every doctor is different, just follow your guidelines and you'll be fine :D

HUGS !!!

I was allowed Decaf, I drank it iced with fat free milk and splenda. I also bought non dairy low fat cream and that was good too. Check out the flavored syrups too, almost every brand make s a sugar free selection and they can work wonders with a vanilla protien shake. I use Torani and Davinci brands, I get them at TJmaxx or Marshalls. If you have a cost plus world market near you they have a good selection. A gourmet coffee shop will have them too, I know that the borders books with a cafe carries them also Gloria Jeans in the mall has them. You can add them to your coffee or protien shake, I also use them in tea and vanilla pudding. ~Mandy

HI! I want to say good luck on Tuesday! My big "had-to-haves" were Gaviscon or Gas-X, and Sf popsicles! PIercedqt has the ultimate list...I really can't think of anything else to add. I sure hope it works for you like it has for so many others...I used to take Celebrex for joint pain, and I take nothing now. I take no meds at all. I used to have a monthly bill of $200 or so. So, I hope for you that this surgery will be the one that makes all the others unnecessary, all the meds unnecessary. Good luck! Cindy