Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skin broke out.... allergic reaaction ??!!

I was banded Monday and this journey has been very hard and painful... yesterday I discoverd small bumps on my face and behind my ears... today they coverd my arms back and thighs.... has anyone experienced this after surgery?? I am coverd in hives. I called the Drs. office and they said I may have had an allergic reaction to the liquid vicodin.... so I stopped that yesterday but my nausea was so bad last night I had a compazine tab and today woke up with even more bumps.... I am getting nervous and do not want my body to go into shock due to all these bumps. What can I take for the Nausea cause I am afraid to take the compazine he prescribed as I might be allergic to that to. I feel like I have to throw up ever 10 mins.... but of course nothing comes out cause there is nothing in my stomach... ... I am having the WORST lap band experience ever... starting to second guess why I did this and put myself through so much pain..... oh shoot gotta run to the toilet now feeling nauseaous again!!

HELP!!!:):confused::mad2::cursing::frown:

I'm sorry to say that I don't know if you are having an allergic reaction or not. It sound like yes, you are. But please don't feel like you've made a mistake. I promise you, it does get better. As many have told me, including my Dr., "Don't be afraid to call your Dr." That is what he is there for. He is the only one that can help you out with most problems. Like I said, I promise, it does get better.

Hang in there and Good Luck!

I had this after my first epidural with my first child, I slathered calmine all over and took benadryl, gone in 2 days...

It could be the compazine; give the doc a call to see if he can phone in an Rx for another antiemetic/antinausea med.

I had this after my first epidural with my first child, I slathered calmine all over and took benadryl, gone in 2 days...

I had this problem as well and used Benadryl and Calamine lotion and that helped a lot.

Mary

You need to speak to your doctor again and let them know exactly what is going on.

I was given phenergren for nausea. It's topical. I get allergic reactions to cephalexin/keflex that involves hives. That is a really common antibiotic given during surgery, but it could be one of your other drugs. The good news is tat tay should be out of your system a couple days after you stop them...so if you can, switch asap and ask if you can take benadryl for the itch. It now comes in the quick dissolve tabs. I also found...because several of my allergies triggered hives..that Claritin worked well on them...take it every 12 hours. It should be small enough not to give you trouble but can be broken in half. It also comes in redi-tabs now.

thanks to all of you. I called my Dr. and even went to the ER and saw an Urgent care Dr. and they all are coming back to the same thing.... they believe that the Antibiotic given to me during surgery caused some allergic reaction... so they gave me Benadryll taps and some steroid cream to rub on the hives and bumps... my mom says that she can see a difference in my face today and that it is slowly stating to clear up.... I sure hope so..... thanks to you all I will keep you posted......