Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update: My surgery is over and now for another question

Thank you Jini,

Three days at this point seems so great for me to hear. I have been through 21 surgeries so far. so the surgery part is not a problem, it is the change in my life and the challanges. But...i am such a trouper once it all takes place. I miss my estrogen, off for another month, 52 and no uterus. No celebrex and i am achey...But with you and others who are close by I know my answers are going to be heard.

My husband just poped in and said" I guess I will need to be of help the next week or so, huh,? Yikes, is he just not listening. So the list will come out. since it is a holiday this week, I want to make sure I have all I need. I believe I do, but tomorrow I shall call the Dr's office and if I need meds to come home with, it won't be until Wed evening that I am home, Thanksgiving everything is closed.

My family is used to me being recovering from many major surgeries, and in a way they think, I believe it is just another surgery and I will be the same. Maybe I will, I shall plan on it, but I have been disabled for 6 years with 7 knee surgeries and revisions from my replacements. so much pain, meds, and wheelchairs etc. Last surgery was March 30th. A major revision. so here I am again, but this one is for "ME" not my knee, foot,thyroid,toe joint......

That is the difference, and it all will make the other necessary surgeries stay healing and without the weight so much better.

Scared, mostly right before I go in the operating room. I am a retired surgical nurse.....I tell them all the drugs nd amounts it takes me to be comfortable. No shaking afterwards. They usually are great, I have had so much experience in the room for surgery and assisting in it!

so there I am on a roll, guesss it is coming out, as it should.

Thanks so much, I am keeping close by, even with things to do today to be prepared...

Debra

Jini~

I think you are going to be my inspiration! I don't know if you happened across my post about my situation, but I have some support issues. I lost a very close friend to gastric bypass 3 weeks ago. She did not tell any of us she was even having the procedure! So, now my friends are all dead-set against mine!!! I try to tell them that not only is my surgery completely different, but everything about me is different from her situation! Of course I am a lot more scared now than I was before. I worry about something happening and them never forgiving me. I am trying to make them understand that this is something I NEED to do for myself!

So, for now I will put the issues with my personal situation aside, and watch yours and fee's progress!!! I am here rooting for you!!

~cheri

Gotta share my crazy schedule too! Live in Alabama, driving to Ohio Tuesday for Holiday, flying to Vegas for anniversary on Friday, back to Ohio Tuesday, drive to Alabama Wednesday, pre-surgery consultation Thursday, surgery Monday!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!

Cheri, I did read your post and was SO sorry to hear about that. It sounds as though your friends REALLY care about you just don't understand your situation right now. Don't worry about the surgery everything will go GREAT! And I think ultimately your friends will hopefully support you whether they agree with it or not. I had a friend who found out (insane story) and she didn't like it but she is supporting me and has been great. Thank you so much for your post, it's made me feel great! Sounds like you're pretty busy before your surgery so hopefully post op you'll enjoy the relaxing part of it all. Keep in touch, keep your spirits up, and keep us updated!