Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm even a failure at the band (vent)!!!(HELP PLZ)

I can add to this vent! I was banded 4-28-09, over a year ago. I am down 34lbs. I have been stuck on the same 4lbs since november. I have 9cc in a 10cc band and my doctor says he feels I have good restriction because I am full for 4hrs after eating. However, I can eat any amount of food I want at a sitting. Of course I do start to feel full, but nothing stops me from cleaning my plate. I am fully aware that I need to limit portions, exercise 5-6 days a week for at least an hour, and only choose healthy choices. If I could do all of that I would never have been overweight in the first place. I am back on weight watchers and have that familiar "this is impossible"feeling creeping back up. As always I do well for a week losing 1-2lbs and the gain that back the next week, and around and around we go. I know that the lapband is not a "magic bullet", but I am very frustrated. I did have a time when I was WAY too tight and could barley keep anything down I almost prefer that to this. I dont know what to do other then cry. My last hope is to work on my will power, but that has not helped for the last 20 years, not sure it will work now. Any ideas would be helpful. It is great to know I am not alone. It will be even better when we all start loosing again!:w00t:

It's a relief to know I'm not the only one having issues. I'm feeling a better today -- not quite so angry about the whole thing and have decided to be grateful I'm not gaining weight.

I bought a new book yesterday about rebooting your bodies own fat buring ability. It discusses how our bodies various organs and systems can get thrown off by how we have treated them in the past. Speaking only for myself, years of poor food choices and at times little or no exercise could not have helped! Anyway, I'm going to try and see what else is INSIDE me that needs to be fixed and how to fix it. Not more surgery, but reboot my liver, check my body chemistry to make sure my hormone levels are where they should be etc.

And OKIE I would be happy to be an email support buddie! I need one too!

How tight your band is does not equal weight loss. It's about eating right and exercising. 4 pounds in 2 weeks is great. It's right on track.

You are NOT a failure!!! Before any discussion of food, lap bands, or weight loss you MUST change your self talk or it will never work!! I am a compulsive overeater so I know all about the destructive self talk and the mental abuse I put upon myself. I have learned with therapy to learn to accept myself and my shortcomings and to learn to love myself for who I am. You can change the way you talk to yourself. When that voice says "you are a failure" you say..."well, actually I am a really great person who is taking care of myself and I may have slipped up a time or two but I am on the track to becoming all that I can be and give back to this world because I have a lot to share with this world - my gifts and talents. The past is the past and with the choice of the Lap Band I am moving forward to a happier and healthier me - thank you very much. Nope, I'm not a failure - I am a success!"

Good luck. Now - tell yourself right now - yes right now - that you are taking care of yourself one day at a time. It takes time to change and patience will pay off.

After you tell yourself that you love yourself for taking control of your own life and happiness with the Lap Band buddy (oh, I call my band my buddy), then go talk to the doctor about the restriction, weight loss, etc. - What you are doing, eating, etc. and come up with a plan with the doctor for a sensible time line for your weight loss goals. Make it all positive - make it about you! You deserve the best life has to offer! You really do!!! There's a reason why you are still here!

yes please do not say you're a failure, there is a solution for your situation.....ask your doctor and he'll tell you what needs to be done. hope all is well. goodluck:thumbup:

I'm fairly confident that the original poster just looked to vent here.....as explained in the title. This is a safe place to vent and a good place for support. But, know that your negative self talk can sabotage your hard work. Hope you've been able to find some answers here!

You are NOT a failure!!! Before any discussion of food, lap bands, or weight loss you MUST change your self talk or it will never work!! I am a compulsive overeater so I know all about the destructive self talk and the mental abuse I put upon myself. I have learned with therapy to learn to accept myself and my shortcomings and to learn to love myself for who I am. You can change the way you talk to yourself. When that voice says "you are a failure" you say..."well, actually I am a really great person who is taking care of myself and I may have slipped up a time or two but I am on the track to becoming all that I can be and give back to this world because I have a lot to share with this world - my gifts and talents. The past is the past and with the choice of the LAP-BAND®® I am moving forward to a happier and healthier me - thank you very much. Nope, I'm not a failure - I am a success!"

Good luck. Now - tell yourself right now - yes right now - that you are taking care of yourself one day at a time. It takes time to change and patience will pay off.

After you tell yourself that you love yourself for taking control of your own life and happiness with the LAP-BAND®® buddy (oh, I call my band my buddy), then go talk to the doctor about the restriction, weight loss, etc. - What you are doing, eating, etc. and come up with a plan with the doctor for a sensible time line for your weight loss goals. Make it all positive - make it about you! You deserve the best life has to offer! You really do!!! There's a reason why you are still here!

What a powerful message! Made me cry :laugh:! I know I need more help than just the band. Thanks for the encouragement. I will also be an email buddy if anyone is interested.