Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to the seminar on the 12th of may.Took hubby with me and every since then I been thinking that this all dpends on lifestyle change diet and exercise good eating habits and such if I can do that without the band then what do I need the band for to teach me not to over eat thats a easy one just stop when you are full I don't think this is the right time for me to get the band maybe if I fail at my new lifestyle change then I'll get the band

I wish all of you who have decided to get banded the best good luck!

it all depends on how much weight you need to lose....i got the sleeve and i had to change my eating habits as well. and it has definitely helped me. if you need to lose lots of weight than it is a good thing to get the band, it is difficult without it but not impossible.....i wish you the best of luck!!!

renee12, I wish you the best also. I tried a number of times and was not able to keep the weight off.

I wish you the best. I did the yo yo thing for 30 years. It finally sunk in that I couldn't keep it off myself. I could always lose it, but it came back every time with about 10 pounds extra. Now I'm 60, and this is my last hope. I wish I could have done this even 20 years ago. At least I'll have the next 10 to 20 years to enjoy a healthy life.

Renee: Good luck!! I don't think you made a bad decision. The lap band is not all that it is cracked up to be. Give your new lifestyle change a good chance.

I hope you do well.

I went to the seminar on the 12th of may.Took hubby with me and every since then I been thinking that this all dpends on lifestyle change diet and exercise good eating habits and such if I can do that without the band then what do I need the band for to teach me not to over eat thats a easy one just stop when you are full I don't think this is the right time for me to get the band maybe if I fail at my new lifestyle change then I'll get the band

I wish all of you who have decided to get banded the best good luck!

I thought the same thing but after so many years of trying to find something that worked for my life and not succeeding I decided it was time to try a tool that would stop me from feeling hungry....my thought is IF I know my stomach is small then what I am feeling isn't hunger it's either that I need Water which is the same feeling as being hungry or my mind is messing with me....I call my mind messing with me or food craving the food devil....With this tool (lap band) I am hoping to recreate a new mindset that will help me succeed this time to goal and beyond! Most I ever lost on any diet was 20 lbs and then I would gain it all back...tired of it but I hope you do succeed and change your lifestyle! Anyone that can do it without the tool and surgery is all the better for it!

Good luck and God bless!

I wish you the best. I did the yo yo thing for 30 years. It finally sunk in that I couldn't keep it off myself. I could always lose it, but it came back every time with about 10 pounds extra. Now I'm 60, and this is my last hope. I wish I could have done this even 20 years ago. At least I'll have the next 10 to 20 years to enjoy a healthy life.

This is me down to the age! I'm getting banded in a week and a half, and I'm sure looking forward to the support of the band even though I've been doing the right things without it for these past two months.

Anyhow, good luck, renee12. There are many different paths to the same goal!

Renee - sending support for your decision and best wishes for your success.

As some of the others have mentioned, for ME, it was not possible to lose and maintain loss.

The band will NOT allow overeating. And, once in place, my experience is - there is NO giving up.

The band forces me to behave and overrides emotional eating.

Rene, like so many others have said, this tool keeps me from eating the way I used to. It is for that reason that, even though I am not where I'd hoped to be, I'm not where I was, and I don't believe I will ever go back to my highest weight again, because I have this band.

I too wish you much success on your weight loss journey.

Debbie