Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on April 13th and I am feeling quite well. I lost 25 lbs in my first 2 weeks which I know is a lot of Fluid and such and am satisfied with the results. This is my question, the scale has not budged an ounce since then. I understand the healing process and the fact that the first 6 weeks is just for that, but I am eating such a small amount of food, and I am not cheating and I am exercising. My first fill is scheduled for the 19th. What is going to be the difference after that? I mean I am eating pretty much what I think I am going to be living on. Hope I am making sense and I am hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

Hi Kelly,

I am in the same boat as you although I haven't lost as much as you either. I am also due for my first fill on 19th May and am hoping that this will start the weight loss again for me.

Well good luck with it all and look forward to seeing your progress.

Beck

Even if you eat well and exercise, banding does not produce rapid, dramatic loss. But the slower, steady losses do add up.

When your body rapidly loses--as it did in your first two weeks--it sometimes needs a little time to "regroup" before more weight comes off. If you track your loss on a graph, you'll probably see that there's a pattern to how you lose, stall, and begin losing again. That doesn't mean that you need to do things differently, necessarily. It just means that it's not a straight, linear, downward process.

All that said, what are you eating? In what amounts? There might be room for tweaking.

I was also banded on April 13 and will get my first fill on June 1... I have only lost 17 lbs since the surgery. I work our twice a day and am eating heatly. I am a little discourage but hopeful at the same time! I have not ever been able to lose 17lbs in 4 weeks so I really do believe that the band was the right choice for me.

You have to be careful that you are still eating the right amount. Eating to little can slow down weight loss. I'm 5'7 195lbs and 24 years old and I must eat 1400 calories a day or my body will go into starvation mode and hold and store all the food you eat. It's just as important not to eat to little as it is to eating too much. Find out what you should be eating a day.

Most of my adult dieting life my weight loss has plateaued around a 40 lb loss, I believe, due to the fact that I could not eat enough. I am finding it very difficult to eat enough right now because I am only 5 weeks post op. I am eating a Protein Shake for Breakfast made with skim milk,lunch- I have been eating either tuna with light mayo, or some type of chicken salad. For dinner I have had meatballs, beef stew, scrambled eggs or chicken fixed a few different ways(about a 1/2 cup.)I have never pb'd or thrown up(knock on wood-lol).I have never got anything stuck...I believe my body is catching up to my 25 lb weight loss which I am sure at the beginning was just a lot of fluids and now is actually gone for good(that is what I keep telling myself, anyway(Lol)..I am not discouraged so much as wondering why I have not seen the scale move- I really do not care about the number, I just want to see it go down. I feel 100 percent better already and I can definitely feel a difference.

I didn't lose anything after surgery before my first fill - so I think you are doing great. The first 6 weeks is healing - don't worry about losing - your body has to heal first! My doctor kept harping on that to me, so I guess I got it ingrained and it didn't worry me....it wasn't until after my fill that I started losing steadily....and continued to do so until about the yr mark. THen I plateaued until I started wearing my Body MAgic - which has totally helped reshape me and get my weight loss moving again. :-)

Good luck!