Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i'm july 26th can not wait i've been bugging my co-worker who already had hers done in nov 2009.

@Espresso88 - Congratulations!! Tomorrow is your big day, how excited you must be :tt1:

My date is set up for July 16th. Saturday I start my pre-op diet. I'm nervous but ready to start my journey :frown:

My surgery is also on July 8th. Went to the pre-op class today and am feeling very excited. I am ready to go!!!!! I just joined this site and am trying to figure it out. I was going to upload some "before" pics and searched all through my files to find some and realized there aren't very money to choose from...guess I've been avoiding the camera the last few years since my weight is at its all time high of 326.

I got my surgery date booked for July 2nd and so far everything looks good (crossing fingers...). What about you guys, anybody else getting banded this coming July?

Right now I'm busy soaking up information and I came across some great blogs of people I could relate to. Thanks to them and to the nice people on this forum, while I'm still a little apprehensive I now have a much better understanding of the journey that awaits me. Not to mention some great tricks and recipes! I have some unused vacation time that I'll be taking after the surgery, it should make for an interesting summer!

Keep in touch!

Peace : )

You will do fine! I had so much anxiety yesterday and it couldn't have went any better. Things happen so fast that I didn't have any time to be scared once the ball got rollin. I pray for you speedy recovery and weight loss. Let me know how things turn out!!!!:tt1:

Hi Everyone. New to this forum. I am getting my surgery on July 8. I was approved by my insurance, but found out it is still going to cost me about $3800. I pay 15% of the contracted rate and I was not expecting that and the hospital wants their money up front. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi,

I was told I'd also have to pay 20% then I called my HMO (Health Net) and spoke directly to the customer service reps who explained to me that as long as it was outpatient all I had was a $250.00 co pay. I was very relieved!

Do you have an HMO or PPO? If it's HMO I would call your insurance directly as the hospital staff may not be as thorough. Good Luck!

My date is set for July 28 and I am both excited and very nervous. I was not required to lose any weight before I am banded but I have lose 10 lbs in the last 6 months.

I am just reading to see what I need to stock up on before the surgery. My nutritional appointment was a year ago so that was for the birds. I had to go through 6 months under a Dr. weight lose plan before the insurance would approve. So I have had plenty of delays.

Glad I found this forum.

Hi! I'm new to the boards. Wednesday I got my date, July 13th. :tt1: I'm excited. I started the diet yesterday and so far so good. Anyone else scheduled for the 13th?

July 19th is my big day, I am comitted to the life after the band. I am just scared of the surgery since I have never had surgery of any kind. I shall be fine!

July 6th is just around the corner. I had to give blood again today because of an error with the previous pull. And then a last appointment at the doctors office.

My surgery isn't scheduled until noon, which is the latest I've ever had surgery. The pre-op diet hasn't been bad at all. I would just suggest that you stay busy...really busy.

I haven't told many people. My mother just found out last week and I told my father a couple of days ago. My daughter has known for about a month and she thinks it's cool.

I'm finally starting to get tired after going since 5 am. Good luck and have a safe weekend!!!

Hey here's to us "shorter" folks FTodd30263! Will you have to go on a liquid diet? I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow to check and see if he has sent in his approval letter. If not, it may be time to open a can of whoop a**! Good luck to us!

I FINALLY got my Approval and I am indeed having surgery the 29th of this month. The count down is on for me.. 27 days and counting. I am one happy person right now!

weight.png

Hi! I'm new to the boards. Wednesday I got my date, July 13th. :thumbup: I'm excited. I started the diet yesterday and so far so good. Anyone else scheduled for the 13th?

My surgery date is the 13th as well!!! I am excited/nervous on the preop diet now and it is okay some days have been easier than others. Looking forward to going through the journey with you!

Just got my band yesterday July 2nd! I'm back home resting nicely. I am not to sore, but the trapped gas in my body has been painful.

It helped to walk around a little bit and to take some Tums.

Good luck to the other July bandsters! Lets do this together!

Danny

First i was for 20th of July.Then it was postponed until October.Then.. my doc called me and advised me to go for pre-op exams the 1st of July just in case...Then .. yesterday.. they called me from the hospital and they told me to be there Monday morning for the surgery.I was shocked.I still am.But i think it is better this way cause i have no time to freak out.I am not actually very aware of what is happening..

Anyway.

Good luck to all of us.

xxx

Hi Espresso,

I am hoping to see the surgeion in July and band late July or early August. Little apprehensive, but am glad I have found LBT to help answer a lot of questions and know I am not in this boat alone. I noticed you were having your surgery yesterday. Just wanted to wish you well. Hope everything was easy for you and wishing you much success in the future.:thumbup:

Well I'm on day 5 of the pre-op diet and boy is my body missing carbs. Anyone else feeling crappy on the pre op?

I started my pre-op diet today. I take it doesn't get any better after day 2 or 3.