Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been watching and learning from others here for a while. I was banded 5/3. So far so good. I had some aprehension right after surgery but think I am on my way now. Just need to learn how to walk the walk and get it right. Too many failed attempts with diets. Looking for the change in life style that is going to make it work.

Thanks for all the support.:scared2:

hey dave! im right behind u! i was banded 5/7. i'm still at home recovering. i have major stomach swelling and trouble getting in all of my fluids, but im still learning and working on it. im excited and ready for the journey.

Nice to meet you K. Hang it there. Recover takes some patience. SOunds like you are doing well though. Good Luck...

Nice to meet you K. Hang it there. Recover takes some patience. SOunds like you are doing well though. Good Luck...

Hello two the both of you. Congrats on taking your next step. You will find this is the best thing for you. I have had mine close to 10 months now and I love it. One small piece of advice I can give you is be patient. I got a little down on myself, close to the holidays because I actually gained some weight back, but I also realized that my body had gone close to 2 and a half months with not real food intake, so it took my body awhile to re adjust. Your fills are another big thing. I didn't feel restriction till my third fill. Good luck and you have tons of support on here.

Gary

Thanks Gary,

I was banded by Dr. Wagner as well. I see him later today for my first visit after the surgery. It's interesting that you didin't fell any restrictions until the third fill. I am having a hard time distinguishing hungry, full or just uncomfortablity from the surgery. Right now I am just trying to eat in very small amounts three times a day and get things adjusted. I think it may take a while to understand what being full and hungry feel like now.

Good news is all my body functions seem to be working again, BM's and such, and I have not been getting sick. Just want to get healed and then get past the 8 week mark to make sure I minimize any chance of slippage or complications at this point. The weight loss so far is a bonus I suppose.:scared2:

Thanks Gary,

I was banded by Dr. Wagner as well. I see him later today for my first visit after the surgery. It's interesting that you didn't fell any restrictions until the third fill. I am having a hard time distinguishing hungry, full or just uncomfortably from the surgery. Right now I am just trying to eat in very small amounts three times a day and get things adjusted. I think it may take a while to understand what being full and hungry feel like now.

Good news is all my body functions seem to be working again, BM's and such, and I have not been getting sick. Just want to get healed and then get past the 8 week mark to make sure I minimize any chance of slippage or complications at this point. The weight loss so far is a bonus I suppose.:scared2:

WOW that is pretty cool I didnt even notice you were from St Louis till now.

I totally understand. The first 8 weeks are the hardest.

Oh I am not saying I didnt have any restriction, but I guess I was thinking it was going to be different :cheers2:

I think it was just more of a I didnt want to be able to eat as much as I was. I am pretty good now, but I was told by Dr Wagner that the fat on the stomach will continue to decrease and adjustments will continue :party: I go back on the 18th and I will probably get another fill.

You will get there, you have a great support staff.

Hey Dave! I, too, am a patient of Dr. Wagner. I actually went to St. Alexius today for all of my pre-op testing. I am a nervous wreck now; it all seems very real and I am doing a lot of second-guessing of myself. My surgery is on Monday, and I am now trying to survive my pre-op liquid diet. I keep thinking about chips and salsa, but I've been settling for SF raspberry Jello. :)

I'm glad that things went well for you. How did you do getting up and moving around? I'm taking 3 days off from work, but going back to work for the last 1 1/2 days of school at the end of next week. I know I will have to take it very easy, but I hate to miss the last two days of school with my students!

Keep in touch!

Edited by palmtreegirl70

Hey Dave,

Congratulations and welcome!! I was banded on May 5 and am feeling pretty good although a little tired. I was really surprised at how easy it was. My first fill is scheduled for June 9. How about yours? I think that will be more nerve wracking than the surgery.

Katie

Edited by Katie2010
No longer big DAVE

hi, happy to hear you're doing fine....recovery takes longer for some but in the end it's all worth it. you'll definitely love the results. welcome to the loser's bench and hang in there!!!:)