Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complications - 1 year out

I got banded on 2 June last year and thought I was doing fine. Then I realised that I actually do have all sorts of complications. Some of them I had an idea about before getting the band - some are totally unexpected.

• I think I am developing a shopping addiction! I go to the shops see something really pretty try it on and guess what - it fits and looks great so I buy it! I don't need it, have no idea where I am going to wear it but buy it anyway!
  • This obviously has an adverse affect on my credit card and my finances.
  • Eventually it could impact on my relationship. I just have to make sure that I spend less on my clothes than my DH spends on model trains, golf etc!
  • I have hordes of clothes that I have had to give away because they didn't fit me any more. Some of them never worn, some really expensive and only worn once.This is not good for the environment!
  • I hate exercise, always have but I have discovered dancing. It started off as a Bollywood class once a week and has now extended to a Belly Dancing class as well! This has all sorts of hidden costs - costumes, workout gear, DVDs etc etc. A gym membership would be much cheaper! I'm scared of what I might do next - I even looked up pole dancing classes but the cost put me off.
  • I keep getting called skinny! Who me - surely they must be talking to someone else. I have always been called little as I'm short but skinny!
  • I need to buy new glasses. Why? Because when I look in the mirror I see my stomach which to me still looks fat. It can't be as my Dr has told me I am not to lose any more weight.
  • What am I going to do with all the spare time that I have now that I don't need to research diets, buy and read diet books etc?
  • I am addicted to LapBand Talk. I have tried (unsuccessfully) to give it up a number of times.

I think there may be some other complications but I can't remember what they are right now. LOL. memory loss cannot be blamed on the band.

So I just want to say to those who haven't been banded yet be very careful! there are all sorts of potential complications that you may never have thought of!

Elcee,

Cute update!

Bring on the complications! Whee!!! I'll need to watch out for the shopping one, though!

Loved it!!! it made me smile:biggrin:

Ooh, I need me some of those glasses! I see somethign that looks more like a large cauliflower than an ass when I look in the mirror. Sigh.

These complications do pass, lol. My credit card needed CPR and being married to an anal retentive accountant sure helps. But I still have too many clothes to fit into TWO wardrobes!

I cannot wait for those complications! :thumbup:

Very cute post and WTG on your "complications" :biggrin: