Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor AnyBuddy out there? Surgery Date is June 1st!

Hi there!

Can't believe how fast this is all happening!

I have a surgery date on June 1st and am sooooo exicted! I am looking for a buddy/mentor who will share their experiences, tips and tricks for a successful weight loss journey w/the LAP-BAND®.

I am female, 47, and live in South Portland, ME. My current weight is 288 and I am hoping to get down to 160.

Anybuddy want to connect?

V

It is exciting isn't it, even still exciting for me and I am an old timer with lap band. If you need to ask anything I'd be glad to answer you.

Thank you for replying to my post --it was my first post here. I never thought I'd have the courage to ask for support here, nevermind posting my weight and goal for the whole world to see! It's a whole new beginning.

How long ago did you have your surgery? Are you pleased with the results?

As I think I may have indicated in my post, my initial worry is really limited to recovery time. I started the journey by attending the first support group meeting in December and have since changed jobs. (I just started my current job the first part of March.)

I expected it to take longer to get to the actual surgery part, so I was really surprised when I found out yesterday that they can scheule me on Tuesday, June 1st. So..I have 40 hours of vacation/sick time on the books.which will get me through the weekend. I am already feeling guilty taking the time off when I've not even been there 6 months yet, so I'm concerned that even 5 days after surgery will be enough. I'm hoping that I'll feel well enough to go back 3 days after surgery-so on Friday.

I understand that everyone is different, and I've been reading different stories here, but I'd love to hear how your recovery went. How long did it take for you to feel well enough to do your usual activities? Anything you can suggest for making the recovery go smoother?

Thanks again,

V

Hey Vjack

Congratulations on your surgery date. I had my surgery on Wednesday morning, was back at hotel around 2pm and flew back home (1.25 hr flight) Thursday. Taking it really easy the next couple of days but really surprised how great it's going. I didn't really know what to expect because everyone is different. Also plan on going back to work on Monday and I have a desk job. Hope this helps.

Not too sore, nothing unbearable, just really tired.

Katie

vjack, I had my surgery Aug 2007. Other than being a little sore like after you've done a whole bunch of exercise I was fine, no pain. I was up walking as soon as I was taken to my room. I took off 2 weeks but to tell you the truth could have gone back to work in a week, I have a desk job. You do need to give your body time to recover from the surgery. I am very pleased, I am at maintenace. I have lost 135 lbs. Just this year I've had plastic surgery on tummy, boobs, and just 3 weeks ago had an arm lift, I am done with the plastics....lol. Lap band has been fairly easy for me. The main thing I really like about it is this, although I get hungry it is not the same type of starving hungry that I had while dieting before lap band. The best tips I can give you are: do not compare your weight loss to other peoples, if you are losing a pound a week then that is great. The other tip I can give you is to listen to your surgery team, if you have a problem of any kind then call/go to them.