Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What R We Eating

Awwwww Puddinpie your picture is soooooo pretty. Awwwww big (((((hug))))) but leave my brownies alone .....please.

6/15/06

B: bacon, egg & cheese on crossiant(sp)

S: oreos Cookies...lots of oreos cookies:cry

L: baked hot wings & side salad topped w/steamed shrimp

D: liquid calories & other unhealthy items (happy hr. tonight)

water/crystal light: all day

exercise: dancing some of those liquid calories off

"Dr is asking for $400.00 to replace my leaking port.I am so sad and discouraged right now.I don't have the money,so I'm stuck with a $9k worthless piece of crap inside of me."

You just received your band in February and he wants to charge to fix the port??? That seems very unfair to me. I just had my port fixed...I was banded on May 2nd and when I went for my first fill on June 10 there was a leak. I used Dr. Rodriquez in Acuna, Mexico and that dear man did not charge me one cent. I put me completely out, went over that band from top to bottom and replaced the port, not sure aobut the tubing. I think you should try to renegotiate that with your doctor, it does not seem fair. Leaks cannot possibly be our fault...it is either a manufacturers defect, or someone stabbed your tubing during a fill. I hope you can get him to take care of this for you at no charge, that is how it should be. Best of luck to you. Michelle

Teresita,

I've had this band for 3 months and each time I went for a fill,I had less Fluid in the band.I think I got a defective band to begin with.I've always had my fills with Dr Kuri,so no one else has messed with my band but him.He doesn't know why there is less Fluid all the time but says he thinks I must have a slow leak.He didn't tell me where he thought it was leaking from.I think that Inamed will reimburse him for the band or the port and give him another one (not 100% sure) but he says he's charging me the "hospital's fee" for replacing it.In my opinion,it's unfair that I have to pay to replace a defective band.I just paid $9k 3 months ago!

As for eating,I am so stressed,I just don't want to eat,I'm afraid I'll gain back what I worked so hard to lose,but being stuck at this weight has me so discouraged too.:think I know I have to take in more calories,I'll work on that.Thanks.

<MickeyScott that was Lisa (lisanjason)

MickeyScott

The Dr claims he's not charging me anything at all .............but that the "hospital is charging"I think this is how he gets around to charging for everything cause he also uses this excuse for fills,which states everywhere on his pre-op papers and website that "fills are free for life",when fill times come around he charges $95. each one....... for the "hospital's flouro" which he won't do any fills without flouro!

Anyways,I went in for the repair on Tuesday went through the surgery again where they reopened my port incision scar,got to the port and found that the line was twisted and kinked tight.That is why everytime he was trying to withdrawal the fliud at fills,it was empty.the kink was causing a suction which tightened everytime he withdrew.They unkinked it repositioned it to a lower area and sutured it back in.I'm now recovering from another port incision.Once the line was unkinked,they found all the Fluid that was "lost",so I know have 3.2cc instead of the 2.2cc he thought I had.So I didn't have a leak.

"Dr is asking for $400.00 to replace my leaking port.I am so sad and discouraged right now.I don't have the money,so I'm stuck with a $9k worthless piece of crap inside of me."

You just received your band in February and he wants to charge to fix the port??? That seems very unfair to me. I just had my port fixed...I was banded on May 2nd and when I went for my first fill on June 10 there was a leak. I used Dr. Rodriquez in Acuna, Mexico and that dear man did not charge me one cent. I put me completely out, went over that band from top to bottom and replaced the port, not sure aobut the tubing. I think you should try to renegotiate that with your doctor, it does not seem fair. Leaks cannot possibly be our fault...it is either a manufacturers defect, or someone stabbed your tubing during a fill. I hope you can get him to take care of this for you at no charge, that is how it should be. Best of luck to you. Michelle

Ohhhh, thanks Teresa! I actually just cut myself out of my formal night cruise pic. Here's the WHOLE picture: http://static.flickr.com/64/154871472_0dfff9a760.jpg

And you can have that brownie if you're willing to walk your butt over here and get it!

B: Metagenics shake: 150 calories, 15g Protein

L: Held captive and forced to eat Chinese buffet with boss: probably 600 calories, 20g protien???

D: Grilled tuna steak w/ grilled zucchini & 3 slices of tomato: 281 calories, 40g Protein

S: South beach cookies: 100 calories, 1g protein

Totals: 1,131 calories, 76g protein

Owww Puddin you scratched me.....oh yeah tell your boss he/she/it will have to beat those extra buffet calories off of you. he he he

Friday

B: South Beach burrito 200

S: 2 popsicles 80 calories

L: Lean Cuisine 270

S: popsicle

D: who knows, stuff is in the freezer

6/16/06

B: Metagenics shake

L: Staff appreciation luncheon: BBQ chicken, sausage, brisket, cobbler, veggies

D: Stuffed pepper w/ tomatoes & cottage cheese

6/17/06

B: Water

L: WW Salisbury steak & 1/2 tomato: 220 calories, 20g Protein

D: Maybe BBQ chicken & veggies

Lisa

Your whole fiasco really sucks, but did you end up having to pay less because you only had a kink?

These little problems that happen so often with people's bands is one major drawback of having this surgery, ecspecially as a self-pay patient. I'm mortified for the day I have a complication (because, let's face it, one day I WILL have a complication) because I used all the money I had on the surgery. Short of taking out a second mortgage, I'm S.O.L. if something goes very wrong.

They never mentioned I would get to pay less because it was only a kink,they just kept repeating "the Dr isn't charging you anything,it's the hospital that's charging you" Like that makes it any better.I felt that he should have took care of this fee.

I too used everything I had to pay for this band.That's why I told them to cancel the repair.I had NOTHING at all to pay for it with.I'm already paying monthly payments for this band and probably will be paying on it forever,so when I told them I had no money they called me back and arranged a monthly payment plan,but even that just adds to payments I'm already making for the original surgery but there was no getting around it I guess.

I hope you are one of the lucky ones that doesn't have a complication.Are you saying everyone does eventually? I wonder if I'll have more in my future? Scary thought.

Lisa

Your whole fiasco really sucks, but did you end up having to pay less because you only had a kink?

These little problems that happen so often with people's bands is one major drawback of having this surgery, ecspecially as a self-pay patient. I'm mortified for the day I have a complication (because, let's face it, one day I WILL have a complication) because I used all the money I had on the surgery. Short of taking out a second mortgage, I'm S.O.L. if something goes very wrong.

I am going to put this on here so that the veterans can tell me if I am doing ok or not. Had sugery June 5th, still on mushies. This is what I did yesterday:

B: Isopure shake with juice

S: Mashed Potatoes 1/2 cup

L: Potato salad 3/4 cup (no chunks, just used Pickle Juice for flavor)

S: Refried Beans 1/2 cup, with 1/2 slice cheese

D: Blended Pork/Green Chili Soup 1 cup

S: 1/2 a 1/4 cup pudding to mix my meds in

Drank green tea and Water in between. I see way too many carbs there, but hard to figure out low carb mushies. (Which I am asking for help on in another thread.)

What do you think?

Poodles it looks lovely but as you pointed out there are a lot of carbs. But in the beginning it is hard to figure out what to have. I'm drawing a blank but soft veggies, broccoli almost killed me so don't try it. Let's see what's green, maybe string Beans in your mased poatoes.

I hope you are one of the lucky ones that doesn't have a complication.Are you saying everyone does eventually? I wonder if I'll have more in my future? Scary thought.

I'm not saying EVERYONE will have a complication, but there was a woman from India who had posted some information on another board. She says they've had the band there for quite some time now, and nearly everyone who's had it there for a significant amount of time has had some type of revision or removal of the band. Hey, maybe this is your complication and you're through!

But really, I didn't expect this to be permanent, to be honest with you. I just hoped it would last long enough for the next big medical miracle to come out. Heaven knows there's enough research being poured into it, with the new numbers on the lifespan of our children because of obesity.