Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I bet no one has had this happen...

Went in for a fill. They asked me what I had in the band. I told them I thought it was 6.8. They took all the Fluid out, it was 7.0 then they proceeded to refill it with 7.0 so that I was exactly at where I had been before, they told me that I would get restriction now because the stomach was irritated by the unfill/fill. I told them I understand that but it will only be temporary restriction until the inflammation goes down then there will only be the same restriction as before which was not enough restriction. I live in Germany so language is an issue but has anyone ever gone in for a fill and had this done to them?

This sounds very weird. In Australia they don't routinely take the fill out to check as this can impact on the pressure within the band. Think about what happens to a balloon when you keep inflating and deflating it - the rubber stretches and starts perishing and it takes more air to then inflate it properly.

I would think that if anything having the same amount of fill as before you are more likely know to feel less restriction not more!

I went in for a fill and I was sposed to have 4 cc's and only had 2 so they put 5 cc's in. But never that!

i ve had 5 fills and each time my doctor withdraws the old fill he says to make sure there is not a leak and then replaces it with new Fluid as I always watch this procedure. Onee thing is I always got more fill than he takes out never the same amount

i wonder if the MDs are *trained* to withdraw the saline to check the level? My MD does this. I've had three fills and wonder if its really necessary. How do I find out the documented protocol?

Do you not go to the same place for your fills each time? I don't even keep up with how much I have in my band because the doctor always tells me. Seems like the whole unfill/refill thing is kind of an un necessary step. Not to mention they basically did nothing for you once the swelling settles. :)

Yes,

I went in last thursday for a fill, i was supposed to have 5.5cc,, they always pull it all out to make sure what is there is the amount that should be,, she pulled out 6.0

so she says you willl get another .5 from me bringing you to 6.5 -i was like goood.!!

I left there knowing something wasnt right,, all weekend i was able to eat what i wanted - i made very good choice though.

ON tuesday I went back to the dr because i had NO restriction.. I saw someone different and she pulled out the Fluid again.. 5.5 -- less than what i origionally went in with -- so she added 1cc bringing me to 6.5 -

right now i am very very tight,, liquids fill me and the only foods i can eat right now are mashed potatoes, applesauce and yogurt- I am attributing this to the fluid being pulled out and put back in so many times in less than a week -now i have the post fill swelling and tom.. I am really hoping that by the begining of next week i can start adding some normal food in.

I think that my situation is sort of like Whillow's....

I had my 4th fill on Wednesday of 0.25cc bringing me to 6.75cc in my band. Now 4 days later I feel less restricted than I did before my fill. I am not sure if they pull out the liquid to measure and then fill. It almost feels like they took out 0.25cc...not added 0.25cc.

Since I am self-pay for my fills ($350 a pop) I am not sure if I am going to try to get in next week for them to check. I will probably have to wait until next month to see what is going on.