Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hoping to be banded by September!

Hey all I am just starting my journey. So far I had my initial appointment for lap band. I am going with Dr. Brad Watkins in Oak Brook, IL. Tomorrow I have my first dietitian appointment and also the psychiatric evaluation. I have to do 3 month with dietitian for insurance. I have BCBSL ppo. I’m super excited….been shadowing the forums for some months now. Love this site and the people on it. So much great information. Any one else looking at a surgery date in late August or early September?

I'm looking at a late August/early September date as well. I also have BCBS. I've been to one seminar already and going again tonight so my hubby (who isn't completely sold on this idea) can go too. I have my nutritionist appointment next week and the psych eval the week after that. I've been running around doing my paper chase and think I've got most everything that they'll want. I am anticiating that somewhere along the road somebody is going to want me to go to a cardiologist. In February i was in the ER for a severe headache and palpitations. They did an ekg and it reads "abnormal ekg. sinus tachycardia" (which means a fast heart rate). I was in pain at the time which explains the fast heart rate and nobody at that time had me follow up with cardiology. But I'm thinking the insurance company will probably demand it with those two little words sitting pretty on my report.

I am also hoping to be banded by late August or early September. I have Cigna so I have to do 6 months with the dietician for insurance. It seems like such a long wait, but I keep telling myself it will be here before I know it. I know it's worth the wait. I went ahead and got the psychiatric evaluation, nutritionist appointment and sleep study out of the way. That's a few less things I have to worry about while I prepare for the surgery. I'm so very ready for this new phase in my life. Let us know how everything works out for you.

:thumbup:

I'm feeling a little nervous today. I'm taking my husband to a seminar (this will be my second seminar. I took my son to the last one.) My husband was initially very opposed to me doing this. We had several fights about it. I finally told him that I needed to do this for me and it would mean a lot to me if I could have his support, but even if I didn't I was going to do it. He's warmed up a little but mostly we don't really talk about it. So, I'm nervous about what his reaction to the seminar will be. I'm also a little nervous about seeing my pcp next week. She's kinda mean (she used to have a PA that I always saw, but she quit and moved far, far away). I'm not sure what this doctor's take is on the lap band. The ironic thing is, over the years that I've been their patient, they never told me to lose weight. My orthopedic doctor told me it would be a good idea and my GI doctor told me to lose some weight, but the pcp never mentioned it.

Let us know how tonight goes Karma! Support is a really big thing with this process. Hey Crecia welcome. Glad we have a few of us going thru this at the same time. How is your prediet coming along? Im guessing I will be starting that today as I have my first dietitian app. today.

I bought this little mini blender today at Target so I can take it to work and mix Protein Shakes while I'm there (I work 12 hour shifts). Its small enough that I can store in my locker. Even when I mix up crystal light (and btw, ocean spray makes a sugar free white cran peach that is awesome) I like to put it in the blender so it gets mixed up well.

Even if my husband isn't totally on board, I've got my three month supervised diet to do and that may give him some time to come around. I've also got some really great supportive friends and my 14 year old son is my biggest support person of all!

My prediet is not going so well. I haven't been doing what I am supposed to do and I need to get on the ball. Has this been hard for anyone else?