Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Living with Too Tight Band

Is there anybody with or at one point "too tight" and just rode it out? I see a lot of "Too Tight" questions and am wondering if anybody just decided to remain this way and wait for it to loosen up. If so, how long did it take to loosen up?

I think I am too tight; I got a fill last Thursday and couldn't even keep Water down. Today was the first day I could drink an entire Atkins shake very slowly and it remain. I was also able to finally eat about 1/4 c. of oatmeal later but very very slow.

Since then, I haven't been able to eat nor drink. Not even Water.< /p>

I am wondering if I should call my doctor's office tomorrow.

I have lost 8 pounds since Thursday. I was banded Jan 8. and had only lost 9 pounds until that point.

user_online.gifreport.gif

My last one was too tight but I could drink just not eat. Did liquids for 4 days and then mushies even though my Dr says only mushies for the rest of the day of fill. I figured it would losen up in a week or so but it was about 1½ month during that time I got stuck alot and vomited alot. Once I vomited and broke a blood vessel so I vomited blood once and blood clots the next time 15 minutes later. It was a Sunday so I called my Dr. he told me I broke a blood vessal and told me if i was not unstuck in a hour to call him and meet him at his office for a complete unfill. He told me to slowly slip Water and in about 30 minutes the little piece of chicken moved through. He put me on liquids for 5 days but I kept my fill. When I had my fill I had floro and was fine until the next day. It is not worth it to be too tight just go get a tiny bit taken out maybe ½ of what you just had added. If you can not drink Water make sure you go back fast you can not wait that out. You have to be able to drink at all times. I will never be like that agian put my band at risk of slipping. Be careful and take care!

Cheri

Is there anybody with or at one point "too tight" and just rode it out? I see a lot of "Too Tight" questions and am wondering if anybody just decided to remain this way and wait for it to loosen up. If so, how long did it take to loosen up?

I think I am too tight; I got a fill last Thursday and couldn't even keep Water down. Today was the first day I could drink an entire Atkins shake very slowly and it remain. I was also able to finally eat about 1/4 c. of oatmeal later but very very slow.

Since then, I haven't been able to eat nor drink. Not even Water.< /p>

I am wondering if I should call my doctor's office tomorrow.

I have lost 8 pounds since Thursday. I was banded Jan 8. and had only lost 9 pounds until that point.

user_online.gifreport.gif

GET AN UNFILL!!!! Take it from someone who went through an extended period of time too tight, you NEED to go back to your dr. All this is doing is dehydrating you, and starving you. You cannot safely lose weight by staying too tight, especially if you can't even drink water! It is very dangerous to be over filled and I'm sure your dr would agree. PLEASE call them tomorrow!

Thanks for the replies; I really hate this feeling; I want to eat but it's just not happening. I was given .75cc's that puts me at 7.75; I am hoping he will take out .25. I am going to call tomorrow.

Its one thing to have annoying difficulty eating and drinking - the odd pb, fear of eating in public because of the possibility of a pb, the need to avoid certain foods completely. That you can ride out.

Being unable to eat solids at all, or vomiting most of the time you try to, that's not good. You cant sustain it for the time it would take to loosen. Its just not worth it - its misery, your weight loss wont be what you might think anyway and you could do harm.

Hi

you should call your doctor. I have had my band to tight but it keep me from eating mostly bread which was o.k. but you need to always be able to get liquids down. Don't worry about the weight loss it will come. It took about four months before I started to lose any weight. Good luck

I agree with everyone else. If you're having trouble getting liquids in and keeping them down, you need a slight unfill!

Great suggestions everyone. And thank you for sharing your experiences. I just had my band placed and 1 week later the initial restriction is gone. I was banded with 3 CC in a 14 CC band. My adjustment is not for 5 weeks. I hope I can keep myself calm and deal with the lack of restriction. I have had good steady loss since my pre-op diet and hope to be down another 8 at least by my first adjustment.

Great suggestions everyone. And thank you for sharing your experiences. I just had my band placed and 1 week later the initial restriction is gone. I was banded with 3 CC in a 14 CC band. My adjustment is not for 5 weeks. I hope I can keep myself calm and deal with the lack of restriction. I have had good steady loss since my pre-op diet and hope to be down another 8 at least by my first adjustment.
Please try to remember the first 6wks is for healing not losing. With that being said congrats on your band and I think you'll do well.

I have been too tight twice since being banded. The first time I only lasted 3 days before I went back (I had lost 3kgs in that 3 days) because I couldnt even get liquids down. This last time I had .3ml put in last wednesday and was only able to drink liquids - very very slowly for a WEEK! I was having reflux at night and would bring up anything "solid" i tried to eat. I went back yesterday (so 7 days) and had .5ml taken out. I can now eat small breaky,lunch and dinner with no problems. I feel sooo much better. Go and get some out!! :bored: