Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 5 days post op and I have been having a lot of "fullness" and pressure in my chest. Just wondering if that's normal and if it is, when does it go away? It's so uncomfortable...like sitting down is even uncomfortable because I have this pressure in the top part of my belly and lower chest. Just wondering if that's normal.

Hi Niki:

Yes that is very normal, it feels like you have something sitting on your chest. Congrats on your life change!

Sandee:thumbup:

hi..my surgery was on friday..and i am feeling the same pressure in my chest..it makes it hard to breathe at times..i am thinking it is just gas pains..praying it gets better soon..not a pleasant feeling at all..other than that i am feeling ok

Hello All! Thank you for posting this. I had surgery on Thursday and feel exactly like that. Glad to know I am not the only one. Good luck to everyone and your future health.:thumbdown:

I felt like that too.... by day 6 or 7 it was like I went to bed and woke up and felt better. It almost felt like it went away over night..... but for the 1st week I was so full feeling.

The reading material given to me reads that this is normal... but if I were you, I'd call the doctor.. and ask to speak with the nurse...

I don't know about your doctor/surgeon's office, but the support staff at mine is AMAZING! They're so willing to talk me thru anything!

Good luck! :thumbdown:

Hope you feel better soon! :blushing:

Same here. I had surgery last Thursday, the 29th of April, and I have the same exact feeling. A deep breath seems to make the feeling more intense. Sometimes after belching, I get a quick relief then the pressure only comes back. I can manage with this uncomfortable feeling but not forever. I'll be glad when it's gone, for good!!!

Initial weigh in: 292 lbs.

Today: 278 lbs.

Goal: 205 lbs.

Edited by BDRABBIT

I didn't get that pain in the chest feeling after surgery, but do after a fill. You may experience it again as you go through your journey. Best wishes to all of you!C

I have that feeling too. I sleep with a heating pad on at night. I have been eating gas x, It helps a little but not much. I also have barely burped at all. I just get a feeling like a bubble and a small pain. I wouldn't change it though! I can't wait to eat real food though, or even mushies. Good luck all on our journey!

Mine was gone by day 5. But it was so intense the first few days. I had convinced myself that my band had slipped. But I am fine now.

Now that the pressure is gone I can eat a little more and it is very comfortable.

Welcome to Bandsterland and best wishes!