Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help I need support.

Alright here's the deal. The weight is not coming off. I have had 2 fills in since my surgery date (July 29, 2005).(4ccs total volumne in a VG band). I eat slow, no liquids with a meal, 1/2 hour before and after, Protein first....yada, yada, yada. I have gained weight back, my low weight was 273, I am now 288! My hair is starting to thin and fall out and I am scared. I take optisource Vitamins 4X a day and eat healthy foods. I can eat 2 or more cups at a time and am hungry within an hour. I know I have to work with my band, but I feel like I am doing all the work. I see my dietician Monday Nov 21st, she said if I am still not a loser, she would ask my doc to do another fill. I don't have another "fill" appt. with my doc again until Dec 7th. (He schedules fills every 6 weeks.) Please give me any words or wisdom, advice or whatever you feel is appropriate. Thanks!

Okay, take a look at your calorie count (BUT DON'T OBSESS!) Just track for a few days to get a true feeling for you food intake.

Your fill appointment is 2 weeks away, so no sweat there. In fact, take these two weeks to journal your food so that you can take it to both the nutritionist and the fill doc. This will give everyone a clear picture of where you are.

It looks like you are doing great work. You just might need to work it a little harder than most, tht's the way it is with the Turtle Tribe. Okay, how much and how often are you excersizing? Is it possible that you have lost inches? I know that we have one woman here who's GAINED 26 MUSCLE pounds. Man, if I could gain that much muscle mass it would completely change my goals!

Just so you know, I haven't lost any weight since my 3 fill, and I'm scheduled for my 5th fill next Monday. I have read here that many of our big band bandsters have to have several fills before that bad boy is filled to the point where they have any restriction. I think someone recently said that they needed to go up to like 8 ccs or more before the yfelt any good restricion. Do a search on you band and see what you come up with.

As for the hair, now are you sure you are getting in enough protien? Have you had any traumas recently?

That is very strange for you to be eating that much, following the rules, and STILL have your hair falling out without losing a ton of weight. Have you been weight training? Maybe you're gaining muscle or have gained back the Water weight lost after surgery. I've heard of many patients who lose hair after surgery as a result of the anesthesia. Perhaps it's surgery related and not band related. How do your clothes fit?

It definitely sounds like you need another fill if you can eat 2 cups at a time and get hungry between meals. It must be frustrating to have to wait so long between fills - ecspecially in the beginning when you seem to need them more often.

I do know that when a bandster follows the rules like you seem to be doing, it's inevitable that you WILL be successful. There just may be a few speedbumps along the way; that doesn't mean you won't reach your final destination. I believe you'll be a huge success story! You've already been successful!

I was just reading about how MUCH those VG bands can hold! It sounds like yours is less than 1/2 full and you can still eat a large volume. If you're not happy, why not see if they'll move your fill up? I think one of the hardest things about the band is going through it all and not acheiving the benefit right away. Once you get the proper restriction, though, I'm sure you'll see the weight coming off........hang in there!

I just wanted to let you know I needed around 7 fills before I got decent restriction with the VG band, before I reached that level I slowly put on some of the weight I had lost too. Dont panic...it will be ok.

Good Luck

I have been taking this powder.My hair has always been so thin.I never had to cut my nails.Well my friends cant belive the diffrence.It has helped me so much with my diabeties.This stuff is AWSOME

I have been taking this powder.My hair has always been so thin.I never had to cut my nails.Well my friends cant belive the diffrence.It has helped me so much with my diabeties.This stuff is AWSOME

What is it???

Links?

I was searching for a post just like me and i've found it. Eating less, eating better not losing at all. IT'S SO FRUSTRATING. Do you have an update for us?

Most people I know who have the VG band do not feel the proper restriction until they reach atleast 5 cc's , maybe this copuld be the same for you? My good friend had 2 fills and did not feel nothing and only lost minimal wieght, he just had his 3rd fill and is at 5.5 and is doing great now, weight is coming off and he feels the band doing it's job.

Have you tryed keeping track of your calorie intake? For a few day's week So you can see how much your eating. and are you getting enough liquid's in?

Good luck God bless JOHNQ

Thanks for all the great advice. I just got my third fill today so I am up to 6ccs in a VG band. Hopefully this is my sweet spot. Now back on track and getting skinny!:)