Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 months post op & lots of gas??

Hey lap-banders!

I had my band filled to 6cc last month, and of course at first it was pretty tight. But since then I have had random periods where I can't eat hardly anything without vomitting, of course I follow the liquid diet regiment and it gets better, then in a week or so it starts up again. This past week I haven't had any vomitting but have had severe gas/burping everytime I eat or drink anything. I am still able to eat and keep things down, i just burp a whole lot. I am concerned about a bad slippage but everything I've read says if it was that I would be vomiting and very uncomfortable, which I am not, but I would like to know what is causing all this gas?? Any words of wisdom?? :smile:

It sounds as though you are too tight. Go back and just get a small amount out - it should make the world of difference.

I doubt you have a slip at this stage but having a too tight band is one of the major causes of slippage so it is best to do something about it before it gets to that stage.

I am 2 months post op and I belch alot- I mean like a college frat party boy loud at times....I do it when in private, like passing any gas it can be embarassing....or stinky (lol). I spoke to my dietician and she assured me that we swallow alot of air and don't even realize it at times. She suggested I slow down while I am eating and avoid talking for the duration of my meal. Additionally, ditch straws and even chewing gum because each introduce more air into the tummy. I've also looked at the types of foods I choose because some naturally will cause you to produce more gas than others. I hope that it all works out for you =) best wishes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches