Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hopefull Bandster

Hi. I am new to this site. Really appreciate the positive posts. Great to read all the positive stories. Hoping to be banded Dec. 8th. Very stressed out waiting for final insurance approval. The waiting is so hard. How did you all survive this part?

Hi Moonie... and W E L C O M E to LabBand Talk!

How did I survive the wait?

By calling my insurance company VERY regularly. Know the saying, "squeaky wheel gets oiled first". They were very kind and didnt seem to mind me bugging them - and it kept them from "forgetting" about me :D so my paperwork didnt just sit on someones desk!

Also, you found us! And thats a big advantage to others that have NO support during this process. By reading and posting on this site, it will certainly help you with the waiting.

Good luck~

Thank you Paula. Congratulations on your success. Will be calling them in a few days to check on my status. You are right, I love this site.

Moonie, welcome to LBT. I was self pay and still had to be postponed a month after I was supposed to be banded. I was so upset and disappointed, it's hard to believe, but next month will be a year. Life is Good!

hello M. welcome and I bugged my insurance company.boy did I bug them...lol. Called ever two to three days and behold approval in 2 1/2 weeks felt like a lifetime..

I was approved in 9 days with UHC. A friend of mines was waiting for over 2 months with UHC. Hope you dont have to wait very long.

How do you get past the 6 month wait for approval? I'm having a hard time.

Hi Ceparano, and WELCOME!

Each insurance comp. has their own set of rules/requirements. Some are the same (rules), and some are different. My insurance comp didnt require me to wait 6 months (thank God). Goodness, that seems like a long waiting period. Do you know if you are even approved?

Just realize that a few months of waiting is a SMALL price to pay for a lifetime of better-controlled weight. Honestly, when you look back this will seem like an eyeblink. My wait was almost a year and now it seems like a distant memory--though I definitely can remember some difficult times. I just got through it by determining to think about something ELSE for a while.

Stay calm, and it will happen if it's meant to. :)

Thanks so much for the encouragement. It so easy to become self absorbed. I am constantly THINKING about this; I know it's not good but I can't help it.:cry

I 've forgotten who asked, but no I don't know if I'm approved yet. I just started the whole process a couple of weeks ago.:) I've done everything except the gallbadder US, which I'm doing on Monday. So I'll have from December to April to do nothing but WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!