Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on the 28th feeling sore

Hey everyone,

It's a pretty big relief to know that everyone is essentially going through the same thing... I was banded this Monday and definitely feeling similar things. I had also had a hard time taking deep breaths.. even at the urging of my nurse.

I was prescribed pain meds, but haven't had to take many yet, thankfully. I find it's really more uncomfortable (internally), and the most pain I feel is at the port site. Really having a hard time deciding whether I feel full or I'm hungry sometimes?? Such an odd sensation..

Wishing everyone quick recoveries! And looking forward to helping each other along the way..

I'm feeling a little better this morning, had a better nights sleep, my pain seems to be near the port to. I'm finding it hard to drink my shake, I can drink Water ok.. tried some juice last night and i know not to try that again to soon, I was in agony.

Cathy x

hi friends! I was banded on the 28th too....spent 1 night in the hospital and came home around 5:30 pm yesterday. I have 6 incisions and 2 of them are pretty sore. I have been taking pain meds and tylenol but will try and see how I do without pain meds today. I am getting my carnation shakes down...slowly....now to make sure my other fluids get in. My goal is a shower today...as they told me to take the bandages off the ones that have that clear bandage stuff on them and leave the steri strips there. looking forward to some fresh air and walking outside! Hang in there peeps......:smile:

Holly

I to have had a shower today, I have 5 cuts but the surgeon glued me so I don't have any outer stitch. today I have been out and walked around, done some house work to, feel loads better but still taking my pain relief every 4 hours.

hope eveyone else is doing ok

Cathy x

I was also banded on the 28th. I kept thinking "this is it?". Then I rode home an hour and a half and was quickly humbled. I was in gas pain hell for about 6 hours. I had looked on here at all the gas relief and did it ALL! Something worked because I slept in my recliner waking up only twice for meds and a sip of Water.

This morning at 0620 I felt SO MUCH BETTER. Much more like myself. I am wearing a binder so hubby has to help me put that on. I got a shower and washed my hair. GLORY! I've been sipping Water all day and even got a Protein shake in after about an hour.

It does get better!! I am proof! Hang in there!

Hi there, I was banded on the 26th April - and do I know about gas pain HELL!!! i'm living it every minute for the last 4 day's and nothing seems to work, indigestion liquids, peppermint, long walks even had my husband and mum winding me!!!! could do with the biggest wind evacuation ever..... other than the port side is sore but feeling quite good. I think if the pain in my shoulder,neck and mid back would just go away things would be so good!!!

But I No it's not forever and heres to all our futures!!! long and less of us!!

I feel great today! I still have pains in my abdomen and it still hurts to take a deep breath- but other than that I feel good. I haven't taken any pain meds other than liquid tylenol and 1 tylenol with codiene last night since wednesday night and I honestly think that has helped. I would say my biggest complaint today is wanting to have something besides clear liquids!! It seems like a lot of you can have Protein Shakes but I am not able until after my post op visit next week...

Hey Monkey Momma,

I am feeling a bit better today too. I took a shower and have been doing a few things around the house.

I still have the gas pain, I hear gurgling in there and hope it all keeps going out one end or the other.. LOL.

You can have nothing but Clear Liquids for a week? Wow. That is a rough one. No protien at all?

I hope I feel better more tomorrow I am to drive about 2 hours to go to a family birthday event.

Hey Monkey Momma,

I am feeling a bit better today too. I took a shower and have been doing a few things around the house.

I still have the gas pain, I hear gurgling in there and hope it all keeps going out one end or the other.. LOL.

You can have nothing but Clear Liquids for a week? Wow. That is a rough one. No protien at all?

I hope I feel better more tomorrow I am to drive about 2 hours to go to a family birthday event.

Hey Tony- I am drinking Isopure and a Protein bullet for protein... Good luck with your drive tomorrow!

I was banded on the 28th too. I've been lucky enough not to have any real bad side effects, or at least none that I did not expect. Hang in there though since everyone is different. I had a bit of a sore throat from the tube they snake down your throat during the surgery, and some of the gas discomfort they told me may happen, but other than being fairly hungry while I heal and wait for a fill, I feel OK. I've had a lot of Water in the hospital (a 1 night stay) and the Fruit2O Water since then so I've passed a lot of Fluid. I am slightly constipated, but considering that I haven't eaten solid food in 4 days I'm not shocked. I did go for a casual, slow, few block walk with my wife the day after surgery and I think that helped me feel better too. A short walk may help you feel a bit better too. I'm committed to the Lap-Ban (I guess I'd better be at this point!) and I'll just take it a day at a time. Before my surgery I was of course overweight, but I also had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, and was dangerously close to becoming diabetic. I'm hoping that the Lap-Band® will help me reduce all this and get rid of the meds I'm on for blood pressure and cholesterol. I know it won't be easy, but I'm tired of having so little energy all the time and worrying about my health. I simply have to do something to take control. I pray I have made the right decision and Lap-Band® changes my life. I lost 6 pounds before the surgery, and surprisingly 5 more since the surgery. Probably a lot of water, but mentally it's nice to see something less when I step on the scale.

weight.png

Edited by ChewysTee

Hi. Banded last Monday morning, 4/26, BMI 37 before pre-op. The first day (spent in hospital) was rough, went home that night on Tylenol 3 liquid, took it twice. Wednesday Extra Strength Tylenol and then no pain meds. I do feel a nasty "pulling" near my belly-button, but this is getting better, and a gassy feeling in my neck-shoulder, which is not too bad. Still very careful about lifting and vending over - the latter being a bit painful. Feel a bit bloated but have lost 9 pounds since surgery, 14 total. I'm thrilled.

On the advice of my surgeon, I've been walking every day, up to a couple of miles of light hiking today.

The worst after-effect is this odd, unpleasant, and kind of painful burpy/hiccuppy sensation after drinking (very slowly, of course). My surgeon's nurse practitioner says that this should abate over time, that there is a good deal of swelling and as that goes down, the problem should go away. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE?

Thanks!

And good luck to all of us new bandsters!