Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some help...please

I am hoping someone can shed some light and help me. I was banded on 10/6/09. I was 247lbs on my surgery date. I have lost a total of 20lbs since surgery date. That means I am almost 6months out and have lost 20lbs in 6months. My band holds 10cc's. I am up to 7.25 but even still I eat atleast 2 cups of food. That scares me because I am almost at the max and if I max...what do I do then? I am so depressed. I am trying so hard. Since my weight loss has been so slow I figured I would start calorie counting...thinking that was my problem. I have been consuming about 1200-1400 calories a day from food not obtained thru a fast food window. Food Examples: I eat Breakfast (bagel thin with 2 eggs and a string cheese). A morning snack 4 wheat thin garlic and parsely crackers with laughing cow cheese and 4-5 small strawberries...lunch a lean cuisine with cucumbers (1/2 cup) with about 5 croutons and 1tbsp of Italian Dressing on it....afternoon snack banana with a Super whey Protein shot....dinner 6-7 grilled shrimp with cucumber salad (above) and yogurt for dessert. Before surgery I was taking about 3000 steps a day.....I am now walking about 13,000 by the bedtime...I bought a pedometer (a good one :-)....Am I missing something in the middle? I am so lost at this point. Even without more saline you would think I would be losing off pure cutting calories and walking. What gives? I need help...I am crying as I type this because I feel like I am failing, failing myself, my children, my husband. Worst of all my 5yr old son was at the dinner table last night and said...My friends liked you on our field trip, they said you were really nice and you have a big fat belly. He had no clue that it hurt me to the core because he is so little but I went into my room and fell to my knees. God help me.

Well Im new to this but from what Ive heard the calories you take in should be filled w/ Protein and vitamin's... It doesn't sounds like your eating alot of veggies or meat? Maybe to much dairy and grain? What does your nutritionist say?

I have young boys and actually work at my sons school so I know first hand how kids can be.. Just hang in there!!! You just need to tweak something and Im sure you'll be on the right road. Like I always say "I didn't get this big overnight so Its going to take a while to get to where I want to be."

I wish I could help you. I feel like I am in the same sinking boat. I just don't get it. Please pm me.

I feel the same way! Its so damn frustrating!:smile2:

Hockeymom is correct. How many calories you are eating is important but so isn't what kinds of food you are eating.

You probably just need to make minor adjustments to your diet.

cheese is a great source of Protein but can also be high in fat and sodium.

Start watching your Protein, fat and sodium as well as calories.

Always drink at least 64 ounces of clear Water a day.

Always consume no less than 50 grams of protein daily.

Try not to exceed 30 grams of fat a day.

Try not to exceed 4,000 mg of sodium daily.

And do not get discouraged!! You lost 20 pounds of ugly fat!! Be proud and stay positive!!

You have a big belly. So, what? It was bigger 6 months ago.

All calories are not created equal....low fat Protein - Protein satisfies hunger quicker, low GI carbs - slow sustained energy release rather than the 'all in one hit' or 'use it or wear it' energy from refined carbs.

Too little food and your body will think there is a famine, it will adapt to this by slowing your metabolic rate to cope with the reduced supply - This is not good :-(

Eat small amounts of good protein and Low GI carbs regularly throughout the day to help boost your metabolic rate and by the way....long steady walks are much better than high impact adrenaline boosting exercise.

Best of luck to you