Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Surgery Emotional?

Hey everyone!

Much love to those banded and to those still in the process!

I am 20 days post op, back to work, on soft foods, down almost 30 pounds.

yesterday and today, I have been very tearful. Just emotions bubbling to the surface and I don't know why.

Just needing to cry... it's annoying! Everything is fine and now I blubber out like this crying for no reason.

Has anyone else felt this way?

Hugs,

Heather

This song is I suppose how i'm feeling. It's by Emmy Rossum

(((HUGS))) Heather. This can be a very emotional time for some, between the physical changes, hormones and ending the relationship with food as we used to know it. Then there are the good emotions, the looking forward to the future having hope and all that means knowing that you are beginning an uncertain journey.

Honestly, it's completely normal. Just rely on the great people here for support, attend your support meetings (if you belong to a lap-band group) and hopefully your own support system at home, It's all so new right now, so there are bound to be emotions....

Hang in there!!! Hugs and prayers to you!

I so know how you feel Me3! I am post op day 5 and just had another tearful episode. I wish it would just magically change but guess not! I am fighting the hungry growl of my stomach and seeing other people eat (my family). I feel like I could eat anything but know I can't because I eat the diet of the semi-liquid stuff like yogurt and pudding etc and I get full fast but it still sucks and I am very emotional so don't feel alone. I am happy I am not alone it this too.. Thanks everyone for support!

yea im about 2 months post and im up and down with emotions all the time. some times i feel like im walking with a big cloud over my head and some days im a little better. i definitly dont have great days but im sure there on there way.. so i just keep telling myself it will get better.. so hang in there Me3 were all in this together

i sometimes cry, but not because i am sad, but because i am extremely happy for my achievements!!! so maybe that's the reason why you are crying and feeling sentimental.....you've started losing weight and you're starting to look different and that's probably the reason. Whichever way, i wish you the best and keep up the good work. :scared2:

You've been thru alot lately. Not only has your life changed..your body is still healing...and if you're anything like me you ate to cope with feelings and your not getting that fix right now. Things will get back to normal soon. Down 30lbs :thumbup: Great job!!

I'm 20 days post-surgery too and I have been pretty emotional some days as well. It is really bad when I don't have a particularly great day. One thing not going well will just ruin most of my day. I keep trying to focus on the positive and remember how much healthier I will be and that helps sometimes.

I'm just hoping as I get more and more used to the band and eating this way it will get better.

You are definitely not alone!

Mary

My post-surgical emotion was less weepy, and more irritated and pissed off. I was extremely cranky. I yelled at a couple of residents and a nurse practitioner at the hospital. I read the riot act to a particularly dense pharmacist's assistant at the local drug store. My poor mother deserves a purple heart for putting up with me post-op. LOL

Once the port pain abated and I was able to sleep on my stomach again, I was back to normal. Unfortunately, that took about 3 1/2 weeks....