Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody wish they HADN'T done it?

Anybody wish they HADN'T done it?

I think we all have our moments where we question things (we're human after all), but honestly, as much as I may complain about restriction (or lack thereof) and getting frustrated about plateaus, I have to admit that I would have never been able to lose this weight and keep it off if it weren't for the band. I'm only six months out, but I would have started to gain by now. The life changes that come along with a successful band lifestyle have really helped me. Without this band, I wouldn't know how to eat, when to eat and what.

So, my short answer is: NEVER.

I am assuming you're pre-op and if so, good luck on your decision, but if not, please feel free to vent or ask questions if you're recently banded and having a hard time. This is a great group of people who are always so supportive (and know TONS!)

Good luck to you....

No. I just wish I had it done sooner. I am loving being banded.

As stated above there are times that have been tough. Waiting for restriction is difficult. Without restriction you are hungry. I am four months out and just now am getting true restriction and the weight is coming off. But I also agree that I have no regrets in getting the band. I love my band. I KNOW I will never be 287 again! That's a really good feeling...So, my answer is No, no regrets!!!

I am another one whose only regret is that I didn't get the band sooner!!! So glad I have it now and would do it again in a heartbeat!Love this band:wub:.

Why do you ask if you regret it? I got banded on March 2nd. and still trying to adjust. Most of the comments here have been very helpful. Good Luck.

No I don't regret getting banded. There is no way I could have taken off this much weight without the band. I had tried so many different diets over the years.

I have had no real complications. My hair did thin quite a bit, but is growing back well now. If I had any big complications my feelings about regret would be different I'm sure.

For the first 2 or 3 months I did regret and question myself at times, but now, total 360! I have restriction and I am soo grateful that I have it!...Its working now so I can finally say this band was worth it. But when your not restricted, you feel as if you never got the band, and you begin to regret it because you went through the hassel for no reason and you may feel like a failure.

If anyone regrets the band, I would suggest you continue to get your fills and be PATIENT (took me 8 months to find true restriction with about 7.7 cc in a 10cc band) My only regret is wishin I had restriction earlier lol but that wasnt in my control

NO! I have only been banded 2 weeks and have lost 17 lbs, which i have never been able to do before!

No...I don't have any regrets. I do wish I'd done this years ago. I've been overweight my entire life. The band is the first thing that really does not make me feel deprived. I can finally eat small amounts, like my skinny friends do, and feel satisfied. I don't miss feeling stuffed and miserable.

My only regret is that I wish I could have done it 15 years ago! Better late than never. LOL

If you are having doubts, hang in there, you will succeed.:thumbup:

Four months out I only regret I didn't do this years ago but the first three weeks after surgery I did regret it. It was normal. I was in pain (I had never had surgery before in my life), I was HUNGRY, I couldn't eat, I was tired, I couldn't sleep comfortably, I was constipated - you know the routine. So I wasn't at my optimum and just felt like SHIT! Excuse my language. And I had it two weeks before Christmas - WRONG time of year to have it especially with little kids and parties and such. It was too much all at once. Once I started healing and adjusting things started to come together and my new life took hold and I had no regrets. It's kind of like giving birth. At the time it's so fresh and you're like "never doing that again" but it fades and you think "well it wasn't so bad." LOL :thumbup: I have been able to lose weight successfully in the past but have always gained it back within a year so this time I know (at least I hope!) that I will NEVER have to worry about that again and that is a GREAT feeling!!!!

I am starting my 7th week on friday and OMG i am so freaking happy and i do repeat happy with my BAND. i go in on may 4th for my first fill and am excited about it. This is my opinion, if a person is not happy with there band either they are non-compliant and/or impatient. Make sure you follow the rules and your portion sizes and exercise.

Edited by CutieBJMR

I'm about 5 weeks post-op and I have had my moments when I'm like "OMG!!! What have I done??!!!" But most of the time I am glad I did it. Today I bought a pair of jeans two sizes smaller and that was an AWESOME feeling! Very rewarding and motivating.

Right now my husband is in the kitchen eating Reese Cups (my FAVE!) and I am totally resisting. I just keep repeating to myself something I read on here - Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels!