Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jessica O's Story

I reread her entire profile tonight and I am just stunned. I have a daughter that is just 4 and I can't imagine.....

I know that I count my blessings for my health and my smooth weightloss journy. I feel such pain for that child and her husband.

The address in the "in memory" of post is :

Shepherd Of The Valley Lutheran Church

12650 Johnny Cake Ridge Road,

Apple Valley, MN. 55124

That is where the benefit is going to be held on the 26th. Here is a link to the post:

http://obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/postdetail/1605336.html?vc=0

I had no idea that she has passed away when I posted the link this afternoon. Now I am in shock over it. She had been on my mind lately and I was determined to find her link...may she be at peace now and all my prayers go to her, her little boy and her family.

Soooo heartbreaking. :D My little girls are the VERY reason I would never have considered bypass surgery. Obviously no one could have predicted the severe breast cancer that Jessica was struck with, but she had no resources to fight it with after the complications from bypass surgery. What a tragedy for all concerned, especially that little boy. I'm in tears. :( :( :(

How very, deeply sad. I sit here with tears welling in my eye, and hard lump in my throat. It's amazing how the life and death of a stranger can touch us so profoundly. It reafirms my failth in people.

I am so sad I have been following her story for the past year and half. I just cannot believe it.. I am so sad for her son, she only wanted the best for him and to enjoy the rest of her life healthy.. At least she is no longer suffering with the botched bypass and the breast Cancer.. I just pray that all her family and friends who have been there find peace.

I'll have read the rest tonight on OH this is upsetting..

this is very very sad.

i really feel for her boy and her family

she was only 28 this just isnt fair

I had been following her story too, and find it really strange that this person I had never met could affect me so deeply. I pray for her son and family. I hope she is at peace.

What strength and stamina she must have had to write such an ongoing diary, which was filled with all of her ups and downs, what a wonderful woman beyond her years.