Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, had surgery but didn't get the band.

Guest nanshan25

I had the safe problem but some how they worked around it don't know all the details I read my report briefly and did see something about an extra hepatic liver artery sorry to hear about this you must be so upset sorry

I remember you told me about another type of surgery, but I still don't know what it is. I was merely trying to put forth ideas so this didn't happen to this person again. The only other route I could think of was gastric bypass. I know now you have told me about another safer surgery. I should have told them to look into all the options available, but I would rather have a surgery then wake up with a scar and knowing I could never acchieve the banding. I thought personally that maybe the banding dr. wasn't experienced enough to get around this, or perhaps the liver haden't shrunk again. I completely forgot there is another type of surgery out there. Of course they should look into this before gastic bypass or anything. Thanks for jumping in. :)

Guest nanshan25

My surgery took place in Boston at Tufts Medical Center. They are doing lots of surgeries, and the surgeon I chose is the head guy. So he had plenty of experience. I do on the other hand have a compromised liver. It is in good shape according to them, but I have Hep C, which I got in my 20s, and then it showed up again on a test 30 years later. I lost 15 pounds before my date and I'm very proud of that. By the way, I am still losing, slowly, but I am envious of you banded people. I am back to having all the same conditions I had before, reflux, diabedes 2, etc. Thanks for all the info about the other options. My 2 week appointment is the day before Thankgiving, so I will discuss with the surgeon. I have no idea what my insurance will be willing to pay for. And that's a big question. Again, thanks, this web site is very cool...nancy

Nancy, you ARE one of us, please don't feel that you aren't. Banded or not we are all in the same boat, we are all after the same thing. Okay !!!

Good luck with the surgeon on the 23rd.

Hugs !!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches