Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tricare question!

Well, I had my psyche appointment today and he said that we'll have 2 more for him to finish writing up his exam in the questions he has to ask but he said I am mentally stable and doing it for the right reasons.

He did say that I would have to quit smoking for him to give the okay, and if I could do that then he would give me the go ahead.

I don't want to quit.. But and I know I could lie my way out of that one.. But it is something I need to do for my health so I will quit cold turkey as soon as I'm done w/ what I have now and I won't buy anymore smokes. So... I guess I should start smoking less so as soon as I'm done it'll be easier.

The earliest he could get me in for my next appt was NEXT friday so almost 2wks away! I'll be calling EVERY morning to see if I can get one in earlier.

I have my nut. appt this friday and then my DR said after I'm done w/ the shrink and nut. appts then she'll give me the referal! I'm somewhat hoping I gain a few lbs before I go in for my official weigh in.

I HOPE and pray they let me get the surgery.

He didn't believe me when I said I did my research.. And I told him flat out, I had a c-section to have my son.. This will be a cake walk!!! (the surgery anyway)

Oh, also. I was talking to my family and my great grandma has HBP, my grandma has high colestoral and my mom has HBP and sleep apnea. My mom told me that my dads whole family is obese and all have issues w/ HBP and diabetes.

Well I was denied on April 2.My letter stated I have 90 days to appeal. I only had sleep apnea to help and I was denied because my apnea didnt require me to have a cpap machine so I went back to the clinic and told the doc so he suggested I have another sleep study"wink" and this time I should need a cpap. I also went back to my primary doc and stated my knees and ankles was bothering me so she sent me too have a xray and sure enough I have arthritis.So when I do my appeal I have 2 co morbids now..They didnt care about my family history the 1st time so maybe after my appeal they will care! Good luck too all tricare bandsters!

i got approved within a month ... my surg is friday ... i have scolosis but other then that and the weight i am extreamlly healthy ... but i fought for it ... i was a pain in everyones butts so yea ... u may need to appeal but if this is what you want then fight for it. I wnet in told my dr what i wanted then went and got the blood work he wanted me to get done and he refered me to a surguon because i did all the research knew bout the surgery was proavtive on my part. So yep my actually surgury is 4-7-10

I have scolosis too but I didn't know that counted...

My dr won't reccomend it till I've quit smoking for a month!! GRRRRR!