Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow I have my nutrition consult. I have no idea what to expect. Anyone give me a heads up?

Tues - Lab work up

Wed - Psych consult

Thanks!

Hello,

For me all of my nutrition appointments (my insurance required 6) were rather short and straight to the point. My first appointment went like this:

Before my nutritionist came in I was weighed and had my blood pressure checked. Then I had to write down everything I had eaten and had to drink the day before.

Then she came in and she told me my BMI and asked me what my goals were (was I looking for a certain weight or looking to fit in a certain size). I was asked about my general eating habits, questions like: How often do you eat out? What kind of Snacks do you prefer? How often do you drink sodas? Do you eat a lot of bread and Pasta? She also asked me about exercise and previous weight loss attempts. Based on my answers to her questions, she went on to tell me how the band would affect my life. She also showed me on a plate using fake food, what my portions would look like after being banded. We set a weight loss goal for my six month diet (mine was 10lbs) and we set a goal for the first month regarding my eating habits. I believe my first goal was to record everything I ate in a journal so I could get a grasp on what I was really consuming.

My 1st appointment lasted about 45 minutes, but the other 5 only lasted about 20. Each time I would have to write down what I ate the day before, write down the type of exercise I was doing and how often, write a new goal for the month and then we would talk about whether I reached my goal from the previous appointment and how I planned to reach the new goal that I had chosen

I hope this helps you. Good luck!

Thanks! Very helpful. Consult didn't happen today. NUT was double booked. Rescheduled for Friday.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches