Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello extended family, I want to know is it okay to feel the way I'm feeling? Lately, I've been stressed out with school because I'm in finals week. I'm also extremely stress out at work because I'm expecting state audit soon at my facility. ( I'm a nurse manager working at a nursing home) To top it off, I'm moving at the end of this month, which is conflicting with my study time.

What I'm trying to get at is that I'm under a lot of stress and I'm a big emotional eater. The other problem is that I have no restriction in my band (2.5cc). I could eat anything and large portions of it. Before finals week I felt no restriction but I was really trying not to gain any weight. I was fluctuating between at 2 to 3 lbs. I stop weighing myself because it was driving me nuts. So now that I'm not weighing myself, I have no restriction, and I'm under a lot of stress. I feel like maybe I'm giving off a "I DON'T CARE" attitude.

I'm really afaid of gaining the weight I loss already. Call me crazy, but I think I could even notice some weight gain in my face. I'm feeling really depressed about it. I paid a lot of money out of my own pocket with no one's help to have this surgery. I want to prove to myself that I could do this.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent my issue. Thanks Family. :eek:

Venting helps to so vent away. And maybe you have a support group nearby you that can help? Also try talking to your doctor. He may be able to give some advice. I certainly understand stress and "not caring". I'm under some stress since I'm still waiting on approval from my insurance and it seems to be an uphill battle (certainly nothing compared to what you're going through!) You obviously care since you are (a) posting here and (:eek: are worried about gaining weight.

I think it's perfectly natural to want to return to the things that we've used as coping tools in the past. Emotional eating is something that has comforted you before---so of course your mind takes you there when you're stressed.

I also think that there are more adaptive ways to cope with stress---and that using them will probably go a long way toward helping you feel better.

Eating will not. Not in the long run, at least. It carries such an emotional and physical cost.

When you're stressed, your body needs for you to feed it WELL. It needs adequate Fluid. It needs a good balance of exercise and rest. (Being overtired REALLY plays in to the disinhibition that feeds emotional eating.)

If given these things--even when they're tricky to fit in because of a hectic schedule---you'll find that the urge to emotionally overeat diminishes. You'll also find that you're better equipped to cope with the stressors.

Good luck! You will get past these big events intact---it is overwhelming now, but it will all pass. Be kind to yourself in the meantime.

I am in the middle of finals and soon to be moving. I am eating non-stop for the past week and still lost half a pound because I finally got really good restriction after my 5th visit (6cc in a 10 cc band). Good restriction means I try like hell to eat bad stuff but it is painful. I tried to eat pizza - pain! So I only ate the toppings and not much before I got full. My point is (and I paid out of pocket too) is you are not going to lose weight without restriction and you need to push your doctor to get fills every other week if it takes that much to get there. My doctor was like "I'll see you in 2 months" after every fill but I came in once a month but then he admitted he had patients who came in a week after a fill b/c they didn't feel anything. Don't get discouraged just get filled.

Great combination of feedback on this thread- empathy, stress management, and practical "get a fill"! Not much I can add except: keep your feet moving in a workable direction! HungryAngryLonelyTired- the HALT syndrome, which gives the warning: Slow down, remember to BREATHE, and then do the right thing. Simple, not easy!

Lots of fantastic advice. I would just add that whatever you are feeling is OK. Keep in touch with your feelings, that can help reduce stress. Best wishes!