Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery will be October 2010 I think

Shooting for October for my surgery but really want it now LOL.

The thought of another summer feeling like I do is depressing.

I just had my #3 of 6 monthly appointments last week.

So that means May will be 4 of 6, June 5 of 6 and July 6 of 6.

I can't have surgery in Sept due to my work, and I'm sure it will take a while for the insurance to process the request after my 6 of 6 appointment in July. So my guess is October as my surgery month. Guess I'll be getting a ring for my birthday after all ! A ring around my stomach :smile:

October sure seems a lifetime from now though. Sigh.

It'll go faster than you think... will you have your pre-op appointments at your surgeon's office in the meantime? (nutritionist, psych eval, etc.?) That'll help the time go and give you milestones to look for.

ETA: Oh, if I'd read your entire post I would have seen that you're already doing that stuff. Well, the time will fly by-- in the meantime, you can use it to start changing your lifestyle little by little- adding a few minutes of exercise here, stop drinking with one meal a day this month, two meals a day next month, etc. That'll make it easier when you actually get the band.

Hi there,

I'm new to the group and the procedure and still trying to find my way around. I am also thinking my surgery will be in October 2010 and I'm likewise very impatient. I'm going to use these months to get as much information as i can and gather some tips that will help me when that time comes. I just had my first visit with my nutritionist yesterday (4/28) and have to wait 6 months as well. She tells me to be patient and before you know it the time will fly, but i'm really ready to make this change in my life. I know i'll become very nervous as the time approaches, however, but that's to be expected. I'm so glad to have found this community and look forward to making some new friends as well. Thanks so much for all of the advice and information that you all are providing to us newbies. :smile:

Hello afosterchild,

I hope these words will bring you some encouragement. Almost 6 months ago I started my long journey on becoming banded. There were so many things I had to do before my insurance company would approve me for the band. The longest part was my six month diet. I really hated that more than anything in the world, because I just wanted to get banded and start my new life. However; things were not that easy. Therefore, I had to find positive things to focus on while I waited for the different stages to happen. Thank, God I can now say that my time will not be long before am banded. The very last thing I have scheduled is my sleep study. My insurance company does not require this, but my doctor does. My sleep study is scheduled on May 15th, and I will be scheduled for a date to be banded. I really never thought this time was going to come, but it is really here for me. I took the six months to read up on as many things relating to the band. I have already started changing a lot of eating habits that are not good. I really think am really mentally and physically prepared to be banded. I promise you the time will fly be before you realize it. I do wish you all the success you want and hope for. Good luck!!:confused: