Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting for the other shoe to drop

I got another fill last week, so I'm now at 1.5cc's. I think this is wonderful restriction for me as I can only eat 3/4-1 cup at a time, pretty much all times of the day.

I can eat ANYTHING without any troubles. I've never gotten "stuck" or PBd or vomited. When's the other shoe going to drop here? Good restriction; losing weight; no PBs - Is it going to always be this way? Was it like this for you? When are all these band problems going to start?

Don't get me wrong. I'm so thankful to have it this way, but I'm anxious to know if the honeymoon will end.

Hey you might be a lucky one.... Well everyone is diffrent.... I have gone thought bad times and really good times.. -50lbs... So dont look for the "honeymoon" to be over just rejoice in what you got.. you are doing good.. keep it up!

Hey there, don't get cocky! You never know when you might swallow something a leeetle too quickly and *POOF,* you're indoctrinated.

Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

and it's also possible that you need more fill. If you are not losing the 1-2 pounds per week with this fill, you probably need another fill.

I had my 3rd and 4th fills very close together, and I'm getting my 5th fill next week when I go home and see the surgeon.

Here's the thing....(this message is starting to become a gospel that I'm preaching I'm repeating it so much lately....)....having a PB is an important part of having a band. I mean, good job on not having one yet. But I honestly believe one has to know what a PB is to be able to know where the limits are on the band. To know what you can and can't do.

Now I'm not advocating a PB just for the heck of it, to TRY to have one...I'm just saying...don't fear the PB. It's a natural part of having a band in your belly! And then when you have one, you get smarter and smarter about how to AVOID them. It's all a learning process.

I'm not looking for anyone to congratulate me on this - I didn't do anything! However, I'm definitely enjoying it while it lasts; I suppose I'm just fearing the dreaded PB. Vines, I have great restriction and I'm losing the 1-2 pounds per week, so I don't think that's what it is. Mostly I was just wondering if this was the same experience everyone else had, and when the band finally reared it's ugly head.

I felt this way after my first fill. I was doing well, eating most things, and losing weight. After about a month the weight loss stopped and i got another fill and that is when the fun ended. Now I am reminded at almost every meal that there is a band around my stomach! I don't mind at all though. It reminds me to slow down, take smaller bites and chew. The only problem is that my weight loss has slowed and I know I can't get another fill.

That is awesome! Congratulations, i'm getting banded on Friday and hope to have that luck!

I cant wait to have ny first PB, so allexandrea can say she told me so!

I am serious.. I know its gonna happen, It cant not ever happen in all the time.

I HAVE PBed on pills once.. thats huge long story... BUT I never done it on food or not in that situation cuz I always stop when I an surpose to, alwayas chew well enough and slow too.. I am not being 'cocky'.. I am just proud of myself.. I have had amazing "restraint" in this area.. its prolly all fear.. BUT I never would of thought any fear could control my eating,

I had a fill from 1.6 to 1.9 on saturday and I didnt eat or drink NOT EVEN ONE SIP from the time I woke on Mondy till this evening.. when I went and got an unfill and now only have 1.7..

I did get hungry this time and want something to drink but my chest hurt the whole time and I got a migrane and I ddint even attempt it... knew I nneded an unfill..

I can be tight,, but not so tight I cant get down mny own saliva

I am relly sick of this "swelling" thing.

I was FINE on sunday! The thickest thing I had was tomatoe Soup..

THEN BAM.. swelling.. WHY??

Nykee, I've found that not drinking can actually make me tighter, and not in a good way. Dehydration acts to make your tissues retain Water, which can add to constriction. So definitely take in MORE WATER and you may find that the swelling subsides more quickly. :D

I think that might of happened autually.. but it hurt to even sip so I didnt do it..

Now I am drinking lots of juice and milk and Soup again..(at night)

I am alittle unhappy with my level of restriction not being enough right now.. but oh well..I am getting over it..

I MAY have to try that Protein, veggie, carb thing after all. (I dont have another 150$ for a fill until january)

I certainly dont want to gain!

thanks for the support