Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about gas pain? Please help

I have heard that after surgery it is normal gassy. I had my surgery 6 days ago and did not really feel gas pains at first but for the past 2 days I have been in so much pain because I feel like I have alot of gas but can't seem to get it out. I even took some gas-x and it helped a little but after a few hours I felt the pressure again. Is this normal and what can I do to feel better. Sometimes it feels like my stomach growling and sometimes it feels like gas so I can't tell the difference but it hurts and is uncomfortable.

One thing that helped me, besides Gas X was to get up and walk around a bit. Seems when I was sitting or laying down, the gas pains were worse. I also drank small sips of Coke to make me burp (excuse me! lol), but I know alot of doctors say no carbonation so it's not something I'd recommend. My doctor doesn't care about carbonation luckily.

While it is painful (the gas), it does go away eventually. Best wishes!

GasX does help and walking, drink lots of Water.

I got wicked hunger pains where I would stop in my tracks so it could be that too. I was on Clear liquids and starving. Hunger HURTS !!!!

Hope your feeling better.

Walking was the only thing that helped me.

ALso, I remember feeling those horrible hunger pains - the ones that wake you up in the middle of the night.

I remember drinking a McDonalds milk shake in the evening, it usually soothed my tummy enough to not wake me in the night!

You may try it. I would limit myself to one a day.

Good luck!

Guest KATHLEENONEIL

I had severe gas pains the day after the surgery. It looked like I was 10 months pregnant. The gas was worse then the surgery. For two days post op I was miserable. I think that the gas is normal. They have to pump in co2 to move your organs around when they do the surgery. I know that sitting in a rocking chair and rocking helps. I ended up taking some milk of magnesia for the gas in the colon. But the free gas in the abdominal cavity has to be absorbed by the body. Hang in there it will get better. kathy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches