Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

calorie intake during liquid phase

im 1 week into my 3 week liquid phase. i have lost 13 lbs since surgery. i have been drinking from a food list including nectar whey Protein isolate, health wise Tomato and chicken consomme Soups, ids Liquid Protein 3.oz shot with 42 grams of Protein, sugar free Popsicles, etc.

the max calories i have taken in has been 712.. average around 550 a day, between 80 to 100 grams of protein a day, very little fat and very low carb, and sugars. I'm curious how low is too low just not that hungry and have been drinking a ton of Water and crystal light.

I was the same way for the first two week...I averaged about 300-500 calories a day the first week and then about 500-700 calories a day the second...i am 6 weeks post op and I'm doing 1200-1500 a day now...I just couldn't eat anything the first two weeks. now that my stomach has healed up a bit, i am able to eat more kinds of food. Not much of it, but theres a better selection anyway...

As for being too low, I wouldn't worry too much about it just yet. Your body is still recovering. I dropped 32lbs the first week of my surgery because i was taking so little in...into the second week though, i was starting to feel light headed and started making myself eat/drink more. I wouldn't worry about it right now...as long as you are eating the right kinds of foods, you'll do okay. Beware though at about week 3 or 4 you'll get your appetite back... :thumbup:

My surgeon and the lap-band 4 week manual from the company that manufactures the lap band say that it is more important in the first 6 weeks to concentrate on healing and preserving your pouch then to lose weight. :thumbup:

I look at it this way, I KNOW I'm WAY below the 800 calorie liquid phase and definitely under the 1000 daily solid food plan that I have, and both of those are designed by the surgeon and lap band people to help us lose weight, so I think i'm in pretty good shape. :thumbup:

Concentrate on healing these first few weeks, and transitioning back to solid food. The weight will take care of itself if we follow dr's orders. :Dancing_wub:

Take Care :thumbs_down:

I am now 6 days out of surgery and I'm feeling GREAT! Yesterday was my first day back to soft solids. In the morning I ate 1/4 a boiled egg and 1/4 of a sandwich slice of ham. Last night I ate 1/4 of a hard boiled egg and 1/4 a piece of ham with onion&chive creamcheese spread on it and rolled up. This morn I made a can of tuna with a hard boiled egg mayo and mustard. I got two saltine crackers and two spoonfuls of the tuna and was satisfied. Then tonight I cooked up some wild boar sausage and had about inch and half a length and was satisfied. My doc said if i did good the first day with the soft solids STOP on the slider foods and NEVER eat them again. Don't know what my calorie intake a day is but has to be under 100 cause that is all I have all day cause it fills me up and keeps me satisfied. I don't overdo it. I eat a little put it down and chew chew chew. I take my 20 mins to take just a few bites then put it away. I do not drink 30 mins before my meal and up to hour and a half after so I don't wash it down and get hungry again. Good luck and hope this helps someone out there.