Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There is a lot of knowledge and experience out there with the members of this forum. I thought it might be helpful to round up the most helpful hints that everyone has to offer. Feel free to post hints for ANY stage of the process!

My Most Helpful Hint: Water, 20 ounces between each meal

I allow myself a reasonable snack if I can answer "yes" to this question. "Have you gotten in 20 ounces of Water yet?"

I'm generally not hungry between meals and I usually don't feel the need for a snack when I get all my water in.

Edited by Drasan

Thanks Drasan!

I will be banded on Monday and think that questioning yourself about Water is excellent. I will definitely use that!

Good thread, Drasan. Mine would be PROTEIN!!!!! I try to take in at least 70 grams per day and everything I take in (except water) has Protein in it. If I do want to 'splurge', I'll have a 100 calorie pack or something occasionally.

Journaling - I like the one on lapband.com (records Protein, cals etc).

Preparing - I stocked up my office, car and pocketbook with healthy options (low cal Protein Bars, Water, Water flavoring packets, poly o cheese sticks etc).

Placing my pocketbook in the trunk of my car, so I won't be tempted to get drive thru fast food)

Purchasing a pedometer.

Lastly I placed a garbage bag outside my closet - every time something gets too big I put it in the bag to give away - already 2 sized down and 2 bags are filled (my closet has sizes 32 down to 20 in it!!!!)

Log onto this forum often!!!!!!!!!

Take small bites, and Chew Chew Chew!!!

I was one to "Shovel" my food in ... lol Some days I still eat too fast, or take too big of a bite, and I end up PB-ing...

Be Careful! :-)

Placing my pocketbook in the trunk of my car, so I won't be tempted to get drive thru fast food)

Cynpat - LOVE this idea!!!

We're off to a great start! These are some really good helpful hints.

Keep them coming!

I keep sugar free popsicles and Jello in the house for when I crave something sweet.

Workout! It took me 2-3 months post band to get moving. Now I actually look forward to it. I am sure I wouldn't have had the weight loss I have without it.

Measure your food. It's tough to eye ball what a serving size is. I also like to buy things already prepackaged like snack packs of cottage cheese and Perdue perfect portion chicken.

For a snack to qualify it needs to have 1g of Protein for every 10 calories.