Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor I need help

I had surgery 10-23-09. I have lost only 55#. I need help.

I had surgery 10-23-09. I have lost only 55#. I need help.

I'm here to help! I need a little more information- send me a PM or an email. Also, you may find some useful information on my blog at Sandi's Banded Living — My Lapband Weight Loss Success Story

Let me know.

Sandi

I will be happy to help you, I do want to point out that I was banded 10/20 and I have lost 48 pounds (preop diet included) and I think I am doing really well. As of last Friday you have had your band for 24 weeks, thats 2.3 pounds a week, I think your doing better than average. Do you feel like you are not eating right or need help with exercising? Let me know.

01-06-10 Had 2nd fill previous since surgery had lost 32# with total lost at that time 43. Since then have only lost 12#. since I have given up junk food and I exercise, I expect to lose much more. I need a fill I guess. My doc said as long as I lose I don't need a fill but I disagree. I eat well and I get 70+ Protein dly. I even gave up my over abundance of Decaf coffee . Help me please..............................

I eat well and exercise. I initially had lost 32# at my 2nd fill on 1-06-10. 11 # pre-surgery for a total of 44, but since then I have only lost 11 #. I need a fill, possibly my portions are too much or Water not enough. Can u tell me how and what u eat?

Sure, I will be happy to.

Breakfast is usually 1 of 3 things.

1) 1 egg and 1 piece of bacon

2) EAS low carb Protein shake

3) Jachut's Green smoothie (1 cup Water, 1 cup fresh spinach, 1/2 banana, 1/2 apple, 1 scoop powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein powder pureed in blender)

snack, If I am hungry I have either

1) 1 cheese stick string cheese

2) Laughing cow light cheese wedge with 6 crackers

3) Greek yogurt

4) EAS shake

lunch

1) A piece of fish (4 Oz by weight)

2) Leftover meat from the night before, (2 Oz if beef)

3) If I am busy at work, Starkist lunch to go or a can of sardines with 6 crackers.

I add a veggie to one of the meats above either leftovers from the night before or canned that I can heat up easily at work.

Afternoon Snack I choose 1 from the list above

dinner (usually cooked on the grill)

1) Beef 2 Oz

2) chicken 4 Oz

3) Fish 4 Oz

4) Pork 2 Oz

I measure my meat by weight and my veggies by measure cup. We cut up fresh veggies and put them on the grill too. I make sweet potato's in the microwave and eat 1/2 of it with butter. I usually have 1/2 cup veggies and 1/2 cup carb.

Do you journal your food? It really helped me when I started using LoseIt on my iphone, there are several different ones on the internet that are free that you can use if you aren't.

Help? I keep posting little notes here, then get another blank page. How do I talk to people? :thumbup:

How much did you weigh when you started and how much were you looking to loose?

I'm pre-surgery, May 6 date. Feeling anxious and trying to get hooked up with support here.

This is very frustrating! How do I join a small group where I might be able to talk to someone?

Feel free to e-mail me at marshall@c-marproducts.com My wife and I have both been banded with great success I would be glad to answer any questions you may have. It was the best thing I ever did.

This is very frustrating! How do I join a small group where I might be able to talk to someone?

Hey Cindy,

If you want to start a new tread to ask a question, go to the main page, and click on either Introductions or PRE-Operation Lap-band Surgery Questions & Answers tabs in the big blue box and then after it takes you to the list of threads look on the left side, underneath the search box there is a button that says "new thread" click that and it will give you a box to type in.

I hope this helps. Leigha