Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help with soft food recipes

Hi. My name is Katie, and I was recently banded by Dr. Perlman in Denver, CO on 03/31/2010. Since beginning my pre-op dieting, I have lost 18lbs, with 10 of those lbs since my surgery date. I'm starting to eat pureed foods, and I'm getting frustrated because I'm having trouble finding different high Protein, low carb, low calorie ideas for me to eat. I've been eating refried Beans, egg beaters, low fat cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, pureed lima beans, canned tuna fish, and my doctor said I can have grilled fish that's easy to flake. I'm also still drinking Isopure and whey protein. I'm entering all that I eat into my online food log on LAP-BAND®.com. I'm worried about my carbs. I'm still consuming more protein, but my carbs are higher than they should be I think. I'm starting to get into a routine and I'm getting really bored with the food I'm eating. Does anyone have any helpful ideas or soft food recipes? Thanks! :confused:

Congratulations on your new band!

Bariatriceating.com has LOTS of great recipes for each stage postop.

I did some ricotta cheese and spaghetti sauce. I had to add some seasoning to it but it was pretty good. I know you are trying to watch your carbs but I also have ate mashed potatoes (I used the flakes since I was just making them for me) with a little sprinkle of dry ranch dressing mix, and cottage cheese. sounds strange but it was really good. Cottage cheese with SF jam or jelly. what about soft scrambled eggs? I was able to have those during that stage. Hope that helped.

I literally pureed anything that I cooked for my family. So if I made chicken breasts with mushrooms, I'd stick my portion in the food processor with some chicken broth and pulse it until it was the right, soft consistency. Kind of gross to look at, but very tasty!

I'm at the same stage as you. There's a book I just ordered off Amazon called "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery" by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray. I like it because she gives modifications for every recipe for what ever stage you are in.

I literally pureed anything that I cooked for my family. So if I made chicken breasts with mushrooms, I'd stick my portion in the food processor with some chicken broth and pulse it until it was the right, soft consistency. Kind of gross to look at, but very tasty!

I made a lasagna for dinner one night and my hubby blended it for me and ran it through a strainer. I just added a little more sauce to it and it was pretty good.

I ate a lot of refried Beans during this stage, just to give you another idea :cool:

I'm wondering just how pizza would do in the Cuisinart!?!? Just kidding, but fun to think about! :cool: