Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for someone in Portland for a favor

I've about decided that Boise, Idaho is not the place to get my lap banding done, even though it is my home. I'm discouraged with the doctors here and their lack of caring and attitude about not wanting a Medicare patient. Between them they have only done a little over 100 lap band surgeries which doesn't instill a lot of trust. They were taught by Dr. Emma Patterson who is a lap banding surgeon, who accepts Medicare, and is located in Portland.

OK, I know I have to fly up and see the dr. at some point, and then return for the surgery. All of my prelim tests can be done here. What I would like to find is someone to attend the seminar for me on Jan. 10 at 6:00 PM. Before you quit reading, please listen. I have to have a wheelchair right now at all times because of arthritis, which restricts my traveling quite a bit. I am willing to pay someone in the Portland area to attend this seminar for me and send my the application, sign me in, and sit there for an hour. It would mean a great deal to me, and if you are in the Portland area, and it isn't out of your way would you contact me. I will be more then happy to compensate you for your time. I'm not trying to get out of a seminar just because. I have attended the one in Boise, but that isn't acceptable to them. I have also watched the complete video on lap banding. I just need someone to go to the seminar for me. Jack is 2 1/2 hrs. from the Portland area, but his dr. is at the very same clinic.

Will you let me know if you are interested in doing this, as I would be very appreciative and will compensate you well.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help would be appreciated. This should only take about an hr. if it is anything like the one here in Boise. Actually, I believe because they learned from the dr. in Portland it is probably the very same speech and video. There were several people at the seminar in Boise that were there for other people, so I know that it is done.

Anyway...if you can...if you would, please contact me privately if you want to.

Again thanks.

Did you find someone to sit in for you? I am just curious as to why the surgeon wants you to sit in on the seminar. Could they possibly send a video of their seminar and paperwork to you? Did you tell them about the wheelchair?

It seems to me, that you wouldn't want a doctor as "un-bending" as this doctor in Portland seems to be. Are you sure he is the doc for you?? I just couldn't deal with a doctor like that. Have you looked in the Seattle Area, we have many great doctors, and a few jerks too. Just a thought.

I AM SO HAPPY That you have made this choice, it will change your life forever!?!?!?! In a wonderful way.

~Erica

weight.png