Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared/New to forum.Anyone from NC?

Hello,

My name is Mandie. I am from Roxboro, NC. I am 37 years old. I have a 15 year old daughter and I just got engaged Valentines Day of this year.

I am 681/2 tall and weigh 236lbs. I turned in my application just yesterday to have the lap band surgery. I am so tired of struggling with this weight! It has been a constant struggle since the birth of my daughter in 1995.

I pray that my insurance company will let me have this surgery.

Is anybody familiar with Blue Cross/Blue Shields (Teachers and State Employees) Insurance? Are they going to make it hard for me to proceed with this surgery? Any experiences?

I wish everyone the best of luck on this journey. Congratulations to you guys who have been through this and are enjoying the life that was meant for you to have.

Hey Mandie, Pete here from Greensboro. I worked 7 years of my career in Yanceyville before retirement. I have Blue Cross/Blue Shields Teachers and State Employees insurance and had no issues getting improved, but I have co-morbidities. I think this is important as well as a certain BMI. I do not know what that is, but your healthcare provider will. I also have another insurance policy from my wife's work. I know it is important to keep all appointments and to complete everything in a timely manner. I hope this helps, I was banded last Monda at Westley Long in Greensboro, so far so good. I have no idea what I have lost, but I have lost. I don't run to the scale every five minutes because I know if I haven't lost what I think I should in my mind's eye, I will be disapointed. Lotsa information on here, I take it all in, and if it fits within the parameters of what my healthcare team has told me, I use it, if not I don't. I am determined not to deviate from what they have told me. Me giving me advice about my weight is what got me in this position. The main thing is I get support here. Don't be scared, your not alone anymore, you can do it!:)

Congrats on your surgery. I also use to work in Yanceyville. I was a Correctional Officer for 3 years. Thanks for the support. I am anxiously waiting! I hope my insurance company is a nice to me as they were to you:) Take care and keep us posted.

Edited by mbwalker
spelling

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches