Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in 40 hours yet still no approval...

So my surgery is scheduled for Wednesday 3/31. As of today I am still waiting on insurance approval. I have been calling everyday for the past week a couple times a day and all I ever get is it is pending and they are working on it. The surgeons office is no help as all insurance approval is done through the admissions dept. All they can say is that they have submitted to insurance and all they can so it wait for a reply.

Talk about anxiety and frustration. You would think they would want a patient to relax and cut down on stress before surgery. Well that sure isn't happening... I could sure use a liquid diet..just not the kind the Dr's office has in mind :thumbup:

They told me to try back tomorrow 3/30 to see what the status is then. Thanks for letting me vent. Maybe they will have better news later this afternoon.

Good Luck, I am sure that it will all work out.

Hang in there. It will happen when the time is right. I hope it is Wednesday as I know how you feel. I was scheduled before and it did not work out. I am scheduled again for April 7 and I feel I am more ready now than I was then. Trust the universe and send out positive thoughts so you get positive back. Being stressed and angry is natural but doesn't really help.

I will be thinking about you!

Thanks for the kind thoughts. It actually did work out OK. I got a call from the Dr's office last night saying that they are going to delay the surgery for a few weeks.

The issue is that I had a sleep study done which resulted in a sleep apnea diagnosis. My pulmonary appointment wasn't scheduled until 2/29. Both the pulmonary Dr and the insurance Co felt it was necessary to have me on a CPAP machine for a few week prior to surgery which is why they were delaying the approval.

This makes sense, but I just wish they had told me that and not caused me so much stress. I feel much better now about it.

Now I will just wait for a new date.

How frustrating! I hope you get good news today. (I would be pulling my hair out!)

I'm kind of surprised they scheduled you without clearance. There's still the same wait, but it's a little less nerve-wracking if you don't already have your hopes up (and plans made).

I know you must be frustrated, but it is better to find this out now and do well in surgery. It will happen when it is time. Then you will really be ready and do great!

The rest of your life is a very long time compared to a few weeks. It seems huge right now but in the big picture, it is only a hiccup!!! Hugs!!!

Why didn't your doctor just wait to schedule the surgery AFTER your approval? That doesn't make sense to me.