Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had an EPIPHANY!

Last year when I bought a new swimsuit, I LOVED the way it fit and I felt great in it. I put it on this week, and I'm not loving it so much. I had a small muffin top even though I am exactly the same weight this year as last.

So, I got out my shorts out to try on. They were all a little looser than last year, especially in the legs. WTH?!

Then it hit me!!! Last year I was swimming 3 days a week to get ready for our vacation...!!! Eureeeeeekaaaa!!! I found the KEY!!!! SWIMMING!!!

Since I stopped swimming regularly, my abs have lost muscle tone, and I have gained inches! I am so excited! And, I'm headed to sign up at my old gym for swimming!

So, if you're wanting to slim your midsection...give swimming a try.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey, I'm with you re: swimming. I find gym equipment boring but found that I love being the Water. I've been taking swimming lessons since Nov 2009 and haven't missed a class. Yes, I can swim now but continue the classes to build up my endurance and more importantly the great exercise. I'm in the pool every Tues, Thurs and Sun. I've recently added Fri, as one of my classmates meets me at the gym for 45 minutes of cardio then we head over to the pool for 20-30 minutes to brush up on what we learned during our classes.

I found swimming to be the perfect excercise for me.

Hey, I'm with you re: swimming. I find gym equipment boring but found that I love being the Water. I've been taking swimming lessons since Nov 2009 and haven't missed a class. Yes, I can swim now but continue the classes to build up my endurance and more importantly the great exercise. I'm in the pool every Tues, Thurs and Sun. I've recently added Fri, as one of my classmates meets me at the gym for 45 minutes of cardio then we head over to the pool for 20-30 minutes to brush up on what we learned during our classes.

I found swimming to be the perfect excercise for me.

Swimming is it- it tones every inch of your body without stressing your joints, allows you to build endurance, and is aerobic as long as you keep moving at a good pace. Kind of the perfect exercise....I used it to lose 250 lbs and still swim 4 days a week minimum. I solve all of the problems of the world during my laps and always come out of the pool energized and relaxed.

Sandi did you just say that you used swimming to lose 250lbs??? I think I need to learn how to!!!

Sandi did you just say that you used swimming to lose 250lbs??? I think I need to learn how to!!!

Yup - at 56 years old, and weighing in at over 420 lbs when I started this journey, swimming laps was the first exercise routine I used to lose weight. It was perfect for me because:

1. it didn't hurt my already stressed joints

2. I could set my own pace in the pool and increase my time as m endurance built up

3. it worked muscles all over my body, building muscle where there was only fat before and therefore speeding my metabolism to assist my weight loss

4. Swimming laps moderately for an hour burned up to 800 calories an hour for me

If you are interessted, check out my blog entry at Use It To Lose It!

Let me know what you think!